PDA

View Full Version : my new dragonfly with my Loar 700

Michael Thompson
Apr-05-2011, 10:14pm

Michael Thompson
Apr-05-2011, 10:15pm
and a video of how it sounds (excuse my voice >_<)
_vnFtMHtIWg

Grommet
Apr-06-2011, 3:17am
Nice tune, and nice comparison of the two mandos Michael. Can you compare how the two different necks are shaped/how they feel?

Scott

billkilpatrick
Apr-06-2011, 3:24am
surprisingly good tone with your dragonfly - i was curious to hear one. your voice? ... well ...

Michael Thompson
Apr-06-2011, 5:45pm
Nice tune, and nice comparison of the two mandos Michael. Can you compare how the two different necks are shaped/how they feel?

Scott

The Dragonfly fits my hand much better because the neck is narrower--particularly at the nut. My hands are not very big, so a narrower neck makes it easier for me to fret two courses of strings with just one finger. I don't mind the thickness of my Loar's neck as much as the width. Depending on how much it would cost and if it's even an option worth considering, I might try to get my Loar's neck thinned out and have a new nut with closer courses installed.

Michael Thompson
Apr-06-2011, 5:46pm
surprisingly good tone with your dragonfly - i was curious to hear one. your voice? ... well ...

Yeah, I know...it was pretty rough. I have a problem singing when it's too quiet. I can only sing well when I have loud music backing me or if there are good enough acoustics for me to feel like I can belt it. In my bedroom, the sound is just dead...so, my singing suffers. >_< My apologies for a poorly sung rendition of a beautiful song. Haha.