PDA

View Full Version : Whats going on around here???

Scotti Adams
Apr-01-2011, 6:55am
No April Fools joke this year?? :grin:

Oh well...enjoy this and have a wonderful day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-_Iiv54U28&feature=player_embedded#at=202

kmiller1610
Apr-01-2011, 7:22am
"I bought the Loar to gain acceptance from the bluegrass community, whose acceptance and admiration I greatly desire...."

CT

journeybear
Apr-01-2011, 7:28am
Don't you worry - something will turn up. ;)

Mandoviol
Apr-01-2011, 7:30am
See the front page re: the new Collings fretless bass mando....

Scotti Adams
Apr-01-2011, 7:43am
See the front page re: the new Collings fretless bass mando....

Didnt see that. But..that doesnt seem to far fetched.

Steve-o
Apr-01-2011, 7:54am
And don't forget "Getting into Jazz Autoharp" - also on the front page. :cool:

rgray
Apr-01-2011, 7:56am
I'm still drooling over last year's April Fool's joke with the Cabela's mandolin. After seeing an episode of American Chopper that showed how camouflage is applied to parts like guns, bows, and motorcycle parts by a dipping process, I would love to have a Carbon Fiber with the latest hunting camouflage pattern just for the fun of it (of course I need to win the lottery first).

Scotti Adams
Apr-01-2011, 7:56am
And don't forget "Getting into Jazz Autoharp" - also on the front page. :cool:

Now that on the other hand???

journeybear
Apr-01-2011, 8:00am
Would you believe - a fretless bass ukulele? (vNPx6RS8PiM) Not much bigger than a mandola. Just the right size for people whose hands have been deformed by years of playing tiny fretted instruments. Personally, I think it should be called a ukulele bass, as a bass ukulele would have ukulele tuning, while this is tuned like a bass. But anyway ...

BTW, on Last Call With Carson Daly two nights ago, the musical guest (Goldheart Assembly) included an electric (at least plugged-in) autoharp on the first number. It was set upon a stand about belly height so the player could strum it while standing.

Scotti Adams
Apr-01-2011, 8:06am
I'm still drooling over last year's April Fool's joke with the Cabela's mandolin. After seeing an episode of American Chopper that showed how camouflage is applied to parts like guns, bows, and motorcycle parts by a dipping process, I would love to have a Carbon Fiber with the latest hunting camouflage pattern just for the fun of it (of course I need to win the lottery first).

Paul Sr is my hero

hedgehog
Apr-01-2011, 4:24pm
..... but Paul Jr. is right.

Jill McAuley
Apr-01-2011, 5:13pm

I actually fell for that one last year - seemed plausible enough!

Cheers,
Jill

MikeEdgerton
Apr-01-2011, 5:24pm
I guess Scott didn't have time this year.

journeybear
Apr-01-2011, 5:48pm
Hey, I did what I could, over at the free ball cap thread, but nobody bit. Too subtle, I guess.

Kudos to Ted, though, for the jazz autoharp. Nicely done. ;)

sachmo63
Apr-01-2011, 5:52pm
<Removed by moderator.... It's not April 2nd yet>