PDA

View Full Version : What is she playing?

adlerburg
Mar-25-2011, 5:20pm
Can someone identify the instrument that Sarah is playing here? I looks and sounds deep like a guitar, but it has 2 sets of 4 strings like in the mando family... thanks.
cGXhAHQdxpM"]cGXhAHQdxpM

dochardee
Mar-25-2011, 5:31pm
Octave Mandolin built by Fletcher Brock.

ToneSter
Mar-25-2011, 5:47pm
http://www.fletcherbrock.com/Mandocello.html

I want one of these

Kevin Knippa
Mar-25-2011, 6:04pm
It was made as an OM. She refers to it as a bouzouki. I think she usually tunes it GDAD.

adlerburg
Mar-25-2011, 9:40pm
Octave Mandolin built by Fletcher Brock.
Thanks... you are correct. It Fletcher Brock's Octave Mandolin. I called and spoke with him about it. Oh man! I want one really bad. There is a bit of a wait, but not too long.

mtucker
Mar-26-2011, 9:37am
may want to check out Jim Hillburn's stuff, also. ...don't know about wait times, pricing, etc., but his creations are top level .. Finishes that kill! :) http://www.hilburnmandolins.com/gallery54.html

Linds
Mar-27-2011, 10:05pm
I'm in line for a Brock OM! He's supposed to start making it sometime later in the spring. Holy cow, I'm excited. I ordered the sunburst, but after seeing some pictures online of the blonde finish, I'm wavering. The blonde finish looks stunning!

Now I just have to learn how to play it!

Martin Stevens
Mar-29-2011, 12:05am
oh man... I want one!

Capt. E
Mar-30-2011, 5:32pm
Waterloo Records...6th and Lamar...Austin, TX. One of the best records stores around and they do great album release parties like this one for Sarah...

Cooooooool instrument.

Mike Snyder
Mar-30-2011, 6:34pm
You guys should check out The GBOMs that Mike Black is making. Very strong vintage vibe and awesome sound.

doc holiday
Mar-30-2011, 9:54pm
Fletcher Brock makes great OMs (and mandolins too). Ben Winships plays Brock on a lot of his recordings with Brother Mule.
Fantastic player, fantastic instrument & Sarah is in great company.

sgarrity
Mar-30-2011, 10:38pm
One of those is definitely on my wish list. Gotta pay for a mandola order first though.

ColdBeerGoCubs
Mar-30-2011, 11:30pm
You guys should check out The GBOMs that Mike Black is making. Very strong vintage vibe and awesome sound.

Seriously.

John Flynn
Mar-31-2011, 1:11am
Bill Bussman makes a great arch-top, guitar-bodied OM also. Sharon Gilchrist plays one. I've played one briefly and I also used to own a six-string guitar version he made. Great instruments.