PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know if Tony Sutherland is still in the lutherie biz?

jtsc
Mar-23-2011, 11:12am
Hey all,

I'm wondering if anyone on this forum might know if Taos, NM based builder Tony Sutherland is still making instruments. I am currently playing one of his octave mandolins and folks ask me about the luthier from time to time. I don't have any info of what he's up to these days. Would like to know if he is still building.

Appreciate any info.

thx,
Doug

Bill Snyder
Mar-23-2011, 11:16am
Don't know if it is up to date or not but there is a listing for Mr. Sutherland in the builder's database HERE. (http://www.mandolincafe.com/cgi-bin/builders/searchdb.cgi?uid=default&view_records=1&keyword=sutherland&submit=Search)
It does show to have been updated in August 2010.

jtsc
Mar-23-2011, 1:48pm
Thx - I tried the # a few times over the course of a few months and it just rang and rang and didn't go to a machine, nor did anyone pick up. The mystery continues...

Tony's Sis
Jun-19-2011, 2:14am
Thx - I tried the # a few times over the course of a few months and it just rang and rang and didn't go to a machine, nor did anyone pick up. The mystery continues...

I'am his only sister.Yes he is still building. Email me your info I will be seeing him at the end of July. He dose not answer the phone when he is in the shop or working on the new buildings on the property.