PDA

View Full Version : Mike Marshall's Arpeggio Workout For Mandolin

NewsFetcher
Mar-18-2011, 9:04am
The Mandolin Cafe has posted news:
Mike Marshall's Arpeggio Workout For Mandolin
http://www.mandolincafe.com/news/publish/mandolins_001332.shtml

Homespun has announced the availability of Mike Marshall's Arpeggio Workout For Mandolin, his third DVD from them, available from Homespun's Instant Access Downloads from the Mandolin Cafe.

---------------------------

NOTE: You may use your board membership to comment on news articles published by the Mandolin Cafe. Your comments will appear here and also will be appended to the end of the news article for public viewing. Standard board membership posting guidelines apply. The addition of images, videos, links and BB coding is turned OFF for this area so as not to compete with or interfere with the news item.

Perry
Mar-29-2011, 9:39am
Purchased this and watched last night. Mike does a great job of translating arpeggio knowledge to something we can all use in real life playing. Even if you know your theory I found this to be a great "refresher" course and also gets me thinking about using these techniques in useful ways and will hopefully break me out of a rut or two. Mike , Adam Traum and Jim Kerwin lay down different tasty grooves to try out Mike's ideas.

An added bonus:

During the backing tracks Mike plays a treasure trove of of lead and rhythm chops that can be mined for many ideas.

Production:

Captions and labeling thoughtfully placed. Mike's Loar is miked very nicely seeming to show it's actual tone very well. Jim's bass playing is tight! Backing tracks very "musical". A minor quibble... at times the spoken word is mastered too low compared to the music.

Pete Counter
Apr-12-2011, 2:35pm
"A minor quibble... at times the spoken word is mastered too low compared to the music."

I find that to be the case with ALOT of instructional videos!