PDA

View Full Version : David Lindley playing a Monteleone for the first time

Kerry Krishna
Mar-12-2011, 12:31am
This is from Winnipeg Folk Fest in '01 I think. The photo was taken by the same guy ( I cant remember his name, sorry) that did that super famous photoshoot backstage at Altamonte when the Hells Angels did all that dirt...

Kerry Krishna
Mar-12-2011, 12:33am
He really liked it, and told me that Mandolin was his very first instrument. I got to jam with him for about a half hour. It was tons of fun, and not anything I will likely ever forget.

Jim Garber
Mar-12-2011, 3:35pm
DL is one one my very favorite players of all instruments. He is amazing. Is that his Monteleone? Who is the other guy?

Mike Bunting
Mar-12-2011, 5:08pm
The other guy is Kerry his ownself and it was his Monteleone. What a memory I have!

Jim Garber
Mar-12-2011, 5:35pm
Ah, I thought possibly so. Thanks, Mike.

Mike Bunting
Mar-12-2011, 5:44pm
I had a laugh with Kerry a while back when he posted something and I remembered seeing him and his band, Acoustically Inclined, at the Edmonton Folk Festival back in the '90's, I think that I was playing there too. I'm good with recalling things from 20 years ago, yesterday not so much. :grin:

Kerry Krishna
Mar-12-2011, 7:19pm
Mike, I would love to sit down and jam with you next time I am in Edmonton. I make the ten hour drive a few times a year to have Sunday night dinner at my Sister's place in Devon, and I can NEVER find a jam session. Acoustically Inclined sure had some fun on that tour. The very first band we ever played warm up for was Sarah Mclachlan a few days before in Saskatoon. We were booked at the Sidetrack there for 6 nights, and doing quite well (READ;The bar receipts were vera good!) and on our 4th night, the manager asked if we would consider letting a fairly large touring band play the next night, and we would warm her up? Of course we said yes, but not one of us had heard of her. (Luke Doucet later left Acoustically to become her guitar player, and has now been with her 17 years!) . So then a single week later, we were playing Edmonton Folk Fest and got to warm up the Violent Femmes! And next day.... at 6 in the morning, I have someone pounding of the hotel room door... "Kerry! Your picture is on the front page of the Edmonton Journal! Let me show you!" I love Edmonton Journal ! The next year, they put my picture up again on the front page, even though we were not playing!