PDA

View Full Version : How many can you identify?

Scotti Adams
Mar-11-2011, 8:04am
Star-Studded picking party

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn35akH09Z8&feature=player_embedded

mandopete
Mar-11-2011, 11:52am
"It's knowing that your door is always open and your furniture is gone."

:))

Okay - I'll take the easy ones....

Mac Wiseman
John Hartford
Del McCoury
Ronnie McCoury
Mike Bub
Doyle Lawson

....I think I saw Jimmy Martin

Larry S Sherman
Mar-11-2011, 11:57am
Jesse McReynolds next to John H.

Embedded:

AlanN
Mar-11-2011, 12:19pm
Jim Shumate was in there.

Scotti Adams
Mar-11-2011, 12:41pm
Crowe, Bob abd Sonny, Little Roy, Ronny McCoury

Mike Bunting
Mar-11-2011, 1:32pm
Kenny Baker flashed by, thought I saw Eddie Stubbs in the back, and the Sullivans.

AlanN
Mar-11-2011, 1:38pm
Who was the charming guy stickin it to John with those questions?

Scotti Adams
Mar-11-2011, 1:56pm
Who was the charming guy stickin it to John with those questions?

Mac Wisman

John Duncan
Mar-11-2011, 2:00pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeDt33eaXNI

From the same session I believe, pretty stout.

Mike Bunting
Mar-11-2011, 2:34pm
That is so fine! I've heard he'll be in Owensboro for the birthday party, I'm really looking forward to that.

farmerjones
Mar-11-2011, 3:41pm
Ramona Jones was in there too. I believe, in that session does Ramona's Favorite. A medley of Chinkypin, Angelina Baker, and Ragtime Annie. Yesir, too late for Benny Martin (Big Tiger) I heard that fiddle lick from John i knew he was doing Benny before he said. Those two were close.
Forgive my spelling, but the Gaither's and Buddy Spichter right behind Mr. Baker.

Mike Bunting
Mar-11-2011, 3:46pm
Sunday, March 13, will be the tenth anniversary of Benny Martin's passing. I think I heard John H. add "if you can hear me" in his little tribute.

Don Grieser
Mar-11-2011, 7:42pm
Isn't that the great Gene Wooten playing dobro in the band backing up John? I think I saw Leroy Troy as the camera panned around too--I see him on the Marty Stuart Show on RFD TV these days.

Thanks for posting the videos!!

Grassman
Mar-11-2011, 8:38pm
Charlie Cushman, Ronnie McCoury, Rob McCoury, Mike Bub, Gene Wooten, John Hartford, Mac Wiseman, Jessee Mcreynolds, Kenny Baker, Doyle Lawson, Little Roy Lewis, Polly Lewis, Janis Lewis Phillips, Carlton Haney, Brother Oswald, JD Crowe, James Monroe, Eddie Stubbs, Bobby Osborne, Eddie Adcock, Sonny Osborne, Melvin Goins, Ronnie Reno, Del McCoury, Pop Lewis, Martha Adcock.....that's all the faces I recognized as I watched the video Scotti posted. A few I just cant put names to

Bill Baldock
Mar-11-2011, 8:40pm
Ronnie Reno, Charlie Cushman, Brother Oswald, Eddie and Martha Adcock.

Edit: Oops, Grassman beat me.

jim simpson
Mar-11-2011, 10:14pm
Isn't that the great Gene Wooten playing dobro in the band backing up John? I think I saw Leroy Troy as the camera panned around too--I see him on the Marty Stuart Show on RFD TV these days.

Thanks for posting the videos!!

I remember meeting Gene Wooten (r.i.p.) when he played with the Osborne Bros. at Sunset Park. He had his solo release and signed a copy for me. Gene was a real class act.

Marty Henrickson
Mar-12-2011, 10:20am
Very cool, thanks for sharing this. Great version of Jerusalem's Ridge on that 2nd link. I've never played it myself, but that inspired me to try and pick it out!

I looked up the "Grassroots to Bluegrass" DVD set that this was pulled from, does anyone know if it's really worth the $120?

Ivan Kelsall
Mar-13-2011, 2:11am
The guy in the blue shirt sat at the front, cradling his Guitar, is an old friend of mine from when he lived in the UK,Mr Bill Clifton.He had the band "The Dixie Mt.Boys" back in the '60's,
Ivan

Pete Hicks
Mar-22-2011, 4:28pm
This clip is from country's Family Reunion on RFD TV, a fantastic series with stars of country and bluegrass. John Hartford does a great version of The Boys From North Carolina in this episode.