PDA

View Full Version : A bluegrass recording with my new Mandolin.

Mauro Pavanelli
Mar-10-2011, 11:27pm
this is my last video recording with my new mandolin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArLu8ZbVuSQ

grassrootphilosopher
Mar-11-2011, 5:59am
Nice playing. It shows that you can play bluegrass music on other instruments than an F-5.

Mauro Pavanelli
Mar-11-2011, 9:42am
Nice playing. It shows that you can play bluegrass music on other instruments than an F-5.

that is true, this mandolin got a good tone, maybe becouse it is constructed with some quality woods. It got a solid brazilian rosewood back and sides, german spruce top, cedar neck and "pau ferro" fretboard (kind of brazilian ebony). Talking about tone this one is realy good but in my humble opinion nothing could be compared with the awesome look of the F models. Maybe I could get a quality F model when my sister visit the States in july. Here is almost impossible to find one. Anyway Im very satisfied with this one and I will keep it, it can do the job well.

Darren Bailey
Mar-13-2011, 4:51am
Enjoyed your playing very much. Must get back to the woodshed.

Mauro Pavanelli
Mar-13-2011, 7:27am

Thanks a lot for your kind comment

Denny Gies
Mar-29-2011, 4:59pm
Nice job and nice arrangement.

Elliot Luber
Mar-29-2011, 5:17pm
Very nice playing, and I like how you were able to coordinate the video with the audio, which takes away the opportunity to mask any mistakes. Who made the mandolin? Sounds fine... even for bluegrass. :)

Mauro Pavanelli
Mar-29-2011, 7:00pm
Very nice playing, and I like how you were able to coordinate the video with the audio, which takes away the opportunity to mask any mistakes. Who made the mandolin? Sounds fine... even for bluegrass. :)

Thanks for your kindness, and for your comment.
This mandolin is a "Do Souto". Its a brazilian mandolin made by a traditional luthier that worked for Jacob do Bandolim and other famous "Choro" musicians (Choro is a traditional music in Brasil originaly played in Rio de Janeiro in the begining of the XX century). The brazilian mandolins use the same design and way of construction that are used in Italy. My model got a solid brazilian rosewood back and sides with german spruce top. The scale is made with Pau Ferro a kind of Brazilian ebony.

Mauro Pavanelli
Mar-29-2011, 7:01pm
Nice job and nice arrangement.

thanks a lot Denny!

Mauro Pavanelli
Mar-29-2011, 7:05pm

thank you so much Darren. Best wishes.

Nonprophet
Mar-29-2011, 11:49pm
How often do you get to see Brazilian triplets playing Bluegrass? lol!

Sounds great!

NP

Mauro Pavanelli
Apr-01-2011, 2:06am
How often do you get to see Brazilian triplets playing Bluegrass? lol!

Sounds great!

NP

thanks for listening Bud!