PDA

View Full Version : "The Witching Hour" - original tune

disguiseglasses
Feb-14-2011, 2:15am
I'm a relatively new member here, a reader since just before I received my mandolin as a grad gift last April. What a great forum- informative, friendly and welcoming. Thanks.

A few friends and I have a weekly songwriting workshop going- one of us suggests a prompt on Monday and we have to have a complete song written, recorded and emailed to one another by the following Sunday. It's turned out to be quite fun and a good way to keep in touch with good friends.

I'd like to share my song from this week, as it's one I wrote on mandolin (as opposed to guitar), to perhaps get some helpful feedback, tips, comments, etc. Anything is appreciated. Please keep in mind that it's a rough demo without editing or post-effects- you'll certainly hear my Mac's fan going. :)

EDIT: I tried to embed, but without any luck. Please visit my blog (http://cyletalley.blogspot.com/2011/02/witching-hour-new-song-demo.html) to listen:

Thanks!

John Gardinsky
Feb-23-2011, 9:01pm
You are getting a nice percussive tone out of your chosen style of vocal back-up. Solo mandolin back-up is not an easy thing to pull off, so you did a decent job here. I think a guitar in the mix would really fill things out. I find the bridge toward the end of the song to be cumbersome though, maybe rework it or remove it. Thanks for sharing, John