PDA

View Full Version : Kettler Mandolins

sachmo63
Feb-07-2011, 6:49pm
Does anyone have information on the value of Kettler F5 mandolins. I have a chance to buy one but have no idea what they're worth.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Willie Poole
Feb-07-2011, 9:46pm
Sachmo.....I knew a fellow that had two Kettlers, one was an A model and the other a F model and they were both killers, great sounding mandos......If you don`t buy it and it is anywhere near Maryland let me know I`d like to take a look at it myself....There was a music store near where I live that sold them but I believe the maker has passed away so there isn`t any around much any more.....

As far as value I can`t say what they might be worth, sorry.....Willie

sachmo63
Feb-07-2011, 10:06pm
willie, thanks i'll let you know.

Btw, this one is a killer also.

lenf12
Feb-08-2011, 4:43pm
As far as I know, Everett Kettler is still alive but not building mandolins any longer. I believe that he is still in Vermont building furniture. (Everyone needs furniture, not everyone needs a mandolin.) I once owned a blond, birdseye F-5 that he had made and it was also "killer". He liked to use smaller f holes which gave a deeper, bassier sound; quite different from the more mid-rangey Gibson sound but still quite nice. I got it about 10 years ago and it was valued around $2K (maybe a bit more) iirc.

Len B.
Clearwater, FL

Charles Johnson
Feb-13-2011, 1:02am
I just posted a nice Kettler in the classifieds.