PDA

View Full Version : an original tune

mandolirius
Feb-06-2011, 3:13pm
Written and recorded many years ago. Still play it from time to time. It's called "Windermere County Breakdown".

Ed Goist
Feb-06-2011, 4:13pm
Wow, again, very strong. The band is working together wonderfully - Really tight.
Oh, and one can really feel the Monroe influence in your playing on this track. Very impressive stuff!
To my ears the mandolin here sounds quite different than it does in your other, more recent recordings.
Is this the '05 Randy Wood?
Good stuff.

mandolirius
Feb-06-2011, 4:25pm
Wow, again, very strong. The band is working together wonderfully - Really tight.
Oh, and one can really feel the Monroe influence in your playing on this track. Very impressive stuff!
To my ears the mandolin here sounds quite different than it does in your other, more recent recordings.
Is this the '05 Randy Wood?
Good stuff.

No, that's a Givens A I played for some 20 + years. This was also done before I changed my technique so I'm playing with a three-finger grip.

Yeah, it was a good band. Some (now) famous folks are heard here. Names witheld to protect the guilty. :grin:

Mike Bunting
Feb-06-2011, 4:26pm
Really nice, good old country rag. Must be time for a new mandolin! And another really nice effort with Rhonda too.

Mike Bunting
Feb-06-2011, 4:28pm
No, that's a Givens A I played for some 20 + years. This was also done before I changed my technique so I'm playing with a three-finger grip.

Yeah, it was a good band. Some (now) famous folks are heard here. Names witheld to protect the guilty. :grin:
That's not the same band that opened for old what'shisname in Calgary back in '77, is it?

mandolirius
Feb-06-2011, 5:26pm
That's not the same band that opened for old what'shisname in Calgary back in '77, is it?

Hah! No, it's an older recording but not THAT old!

Mike Bunting
Feb-06-2011, 5:29pm
Seems like just yesterday!

danbui
Feb-07-2011, 12:40am
Sounds great! Who's playing banjo?

mandolirius
Feb-07-2011, 9:05pm
Sounds great! Who's playing banjo?

Thanks, Dan. As for ID's, as I mentioned some of the people involved have become relatively well-known. I didn't ask anyone's permission before posting so, in the interest of discretion, I'd prefer not to say who anyone else is. That said, the banjo playing on the whole session was killer!