PDA

View Full Version : Mandolin on the way !!

backwoodsborn10
Jan-30-2011, 11:50am
just purchased the June on the classifieds. think it has a flat fretboard. what reckon it would cost to have it radiused? and does anyone know anything about them? i couldn't find much. his website is a little vague.~o)

yankees1
Jan-30-2011, 11:58am
Maybe---- you should have posted questions before you bought?

Clement Barrera-Ng
Jan-30-2011, 1:13pm
Hope you enjoy the June. I don't know much about it either, and I seem to recall that he used to have an older website with more info. I was eyeing that one also since it was more or less local, but in the end it was out of my price range. Good luck and am looking forward to hearing how it plays when it arrives.

fatt-dad
Jan-30-2011, 2:32pm
to take a flat board and convert it to a radius is likely somewhere north of $300.00. I don't do the work, don't even know how it's done, but several years ago I had it done and it was north of $200.00 then.

I'm not sure that for the typical mando-hobbiest it matters that much. I play mandolins with both and it just doesn't make that much of a difference to me.

f-d

backwoodsborn10
Jan-30-2011, 2:50pm
yeah, prolly won't take too much gettin used to. if i just can't live with it i can always swap it. heck, i enjoy that as much as playin ! now if i can just figure out how to make money doin that.

backwoodsborn10
Jan-30-2011, 3:03pm
Hope you enjoy the June. I don't know much about it either, and I seem to recall that he used to have an older website with more info. I was eyeing that one also since it was more or less local, but in the end it was out of my price range. Good luck and am looking forward to hearing how it plays when it arrives.

hey, thanks barrangatan, i'll have to repost in a couple weeks when i've had time to play it a few days.