PDA

View Full Version : Calton Mandolin Cases

Oct-25-2004, 8:50pm
What does most used Calton cases go for. I am thinking about buying one just to resell. Is this a smart idea or are most people willing to wait to Calon to build them one?
Thanks

mandoJeremy
Oct-25-2004, 8:55pm
Most people use Calton's for the same reason I do....for great protection plus I play a good bit on the road and I know my baby is safe. Even when we fly, I still have no worries even though I carry it on. I honestly don't think you could make any profit on buying one to resale. Plus, something just isn't right about that if you are doing it to your fellow mando community and that is just my opinion. Trust me, they are not that backordered and if someone really wants one they aren't going to pay your price unless they are totally impatient.

mandoJeremy
Oct-25-2004, 8:56pm
Oops, totally misread your post. I thought you were buying a new one to resale. If you are buying a used one to resale then you can expect get anywhere from $300.00 to $375.00. #I wouldn't sale mine for that!

Mandobar
Oct-26-2004, 4:56am
right now there are some really good prices on new ones. not sure there is much "markup" to be had on buying a used one to resell.