PDA

View Full Version : ZoukFest instructors are posted.

Johnozouk
Jan-26-2011, 6:00pm
Check out www.zoukfest.com for info on the 2011 instructors. It is an awesome group.

Alec Finn will be the special guest artist. Enda Scahill will be there for the first time and Luke Plumb will be back again along with Roger Landes, Paddy League, Randall Bays, Moira Smiley, and more.

This is a great lineup.

John

kmmando
Jan-29-2011, 6:41am
It's 8 years since Alec was last in Taos, and here's a wee shot of the great man in action to whet your appetite

A legendary accompanist and a superb musician!

http://vimeo.com/18536789

Enjoy!

KM

montana
Jan-30-2011, 12:47pm
I keep waiting to find out the cost of going

Jill McAuley
Jan-30-2011, 12:49pm
This year I gotta try to get to this - especially since I've got a tenor banjo in the herd again and Enda Scahill will be there!!

Cheers,
Jill

Jacob Hagerty
Jan-30-2011, 1:14pm
im living in Taos, NM now. I need to go to this. I am also good friends with roger and have never been able to make it. maybe this year

Johnozouk
Jan-30-2011, 4:41pm
I keep waiting to find out the cost of going

Final tuition is not set yet, but about the same as last year. UNM has raised their prices for the dorm, but if you stay at a hotel instead, you can probably reduce lodging costs--but then you would need transportation. More hotel info will be forthcoming at the ZF web site. Restaurants in the UNM area vary from cheapie fast food to upscale. The dorm rooms have kitchens with a fridge and stove, but no cooking or eating utensils unless you bring your own.

ZF costs are about the same or maybe even less that many similar camps.

John :mandosmiley: