PDA

View Full Version : Music Stores in Chatanooga

Mandobart
Jan-03-2011, 7:54pm
Howdy all. Going to Chatanooga next week for work-related training. Looking for info on music stores with lots of mando content in the area. Thanks!

Giuliano
Jan-03-2011, 9:23pm
Hello Mandobart,
Welcome to TN. To my knowledge, unfortunately, there are no music stores in the Chattanooga area that have much in the way of mandolin content. There is a store in Dayton, about an hour and a bit more north, that has a few things on the wall. You would have to go further north to Pick 'N Grin , The Parlor (Can't remember the exact name at the moment) in Knoxville, and even further north to Smoky Mountain Guitars in Pigeon Forge. Hope that helps.

chipotle
Jan-04-2011, 12:41am
There is Blaylock music in Hixson. Small store, very "old school". The usually have a few mandolins, along with some guitars. Ask for Brian, he is a knowledgeable and talented musician. Also there is Mountain Music in Red Bank, very near downtown, a small shop in a old house. NFI, just folks I have met. There are no big stores here, as Giuliano stated you will have to go to Knoxville, two hours away.

Giuliano
Jan-04-2011, 6:24am
Thanks chipotle, I didn't know about those two.

Stephen Perry
Jan-04-2011, 7:36pm
Gianna Violins in Friendsville, if you're heading north from there. Off exit 81 on I75. Starting to feel picked over, though, time for a reorder. Eastman and Loar only at this point.

Christopher Standridge
Jan-05-2011, 9:12am
How is Papa Blaylock (Brian's dad) doing these days?
I certainly have fond memories of the Saturday night jam they used to sponsor.

Budrow
Jan-05-2011, 9:28am
Sorry to say that Clyde Blaylock passed away this past fall after along bout with diabetes.:

Christopher Standridge
Jan-05-2011, 10:27am
That is sad news. My condolences go to the area. I heard about diabetes taking his legs.
He gave me my mandolin primer about 15 years ago and I still have the recording of him teaching me Amazing Grace.