PDA

View Full Version : Robert Plant & Band of Joy to perform at Telluride Bluegrass Fest

Ed Goist
Dec-28-2010, 12:06am
From today's Gibson Guitar Radio Minute:

"Whole Lotta Bluegrass"
The TellurideDailyPlanet is reporting that Robert Plant and his group, Band of Joy, are scheduled to perform at the 2011 Telluride Bluegrass Festival, along with Emmylou Harris, Bela Fleck, Sam Bush, Indie-folk band The Decemberists, Jerry Douglas and many others. Planet Bluegrass director of communications director Brian Eyster said that Plant is one of the biggest singers in music and that "it's a huge deal. It's going to be another great year." Click here (http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/News/Whole-Lotta-Bluegrass-1227/) to read the entire article.

Martian
Jan-03-2011, 9:23am
I hope I am not opening a can of worms, but this type of news doesn't excite me at all. I have watched real country music turn into something good, but unidentifiable. It seems artists of different genres,are being allowe to roam around to freely in any direction. The problem I have with this is I don't want bluegrass music to start having drums, electric basses, accordians, or retired rockers, who's time has played out I feel it must go like this. "well boys, we can't get a recording contract, or concert tour, so lets be a country band, no wait a bluegrass band." I am a huge Robert Plant fan, and would welcome him with a bluegrass band, but I don't want light shows, horn sections and girl back-up singers on a revolving stage, or whatever else they should do. I think in any music form that could be considered pure, the purists who love that music are not looking for their music to finally develop into what it could have been. I do not want to see Kid Rock, Bon Jovi, Madonna, or Lady Gag-me in my court. PS, I am a huge Zeplin fan as well
as Bon Jovi, these were just examples. The last CMA show I seen was hosted by KId Rock, had Bon Jovi, and the B-52's. Really? Don't do this to my music