PDA

View Full Version : Main Street Case Company

pat dinges
Dec-16-2010, 9:46pm
After many years of use, one of the plastic clips on the shoulder strap of my Main Street Case Company mandolin case broke. It's my understanding that the company is no longer in business. Any ideas for finding a replacement part? I'm open to replacing the entire strap if that might be easier. Thanks.

MikeEdgerton
Dec-16-2010, 10:18pm
If it's simply a clip on shoulder strap Eastern Mountain Sports (http://www.ems.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3663301) and REI (http://www.rei.com/product/747923) have them. Most camping supply stores have them.

cocaseco
Dec-17-2010, 9:11am
After many years of use, one of the plastic clips on the shoulder strap of my Main Street Case Company mandolin case broke. It's my understanding that the company is no longer in business. Any ideas for finding a replacement part? I'm open to replacing the entire strap if that might be easier. Thanks.

Send a picture of the piece to us at sales at coloradocase dot com and we will send you a replacement.

pat dinges
Dec-18-2010, 2:59pm
Thank you, cocaseco. Will do. :-)

Thank you also, Mike, for your suggestion.

Michael Lewis
Dec-19-2010, 1:22am
Now that is some customer relations at work. Good way to build a loyal clientele. Bravo!

Ivan Kelsall
Dec-19-2010, 3:01am
Well said Michael !. I have a couple of spare case straps,& if it wasn't for the thought that the OP might want one quickly,i was going to send a PM to say that i could send one over for free - but - due to the apalling weather conditions over here at the moment,deep snow & treacherous road conditions,the Postal system is at a standstill in parts of the UK. It looks as though the problem's been sorted by a very generous act,
Ivan

Malcolm G.
Dec-19-2010, 7:26am
Send a picture of the piece to us at sales at coloradocase dot com and we will send you a replacement.

I LIKE that!

Good on ya!

pat dinges
Dec-20-2010, 1:50pm
Sent the picture. Got a fast reply. Thank you very much, Colorado Case Company! Your kindness is appreciated.

(Ivan, I hope the weather breaks soon for you folks across the pond! Stay warm!)

Andy B
Dec-20-2010, 10:17pm
Pat,

That case cover was new in 1989, so I guess it's held up very well. Kudos to Colorado Case Co for their great service on another company's product. I'm using a Colorado Case cover now--it's 10 years old and doing fine.

Andy

Ivan Kelsall
Dec-21-2010, 2:51am
Hi Pat - Many thanks. It's down to a constant -10 degs.over most of the country,with some areas even lower. Re.the spare strap,if you want to PM me,with your full name & address & your Bank account # (not really !):grin:,i'll send you one as a 'spare spare '.The ones i have are similar to the Eagle Creek one, shown in the link that Mike Edgerton posted - let me know,
Ivan;)

pat dinges
Dec-26-2010, 11:32pm
Hey Andy,

Yes, the case has held up quite well. Has much to do with its previous owner, I believe. ;-) I'll have to check out your Colorado Case when I see you!

Ivan, the postage would be too expensive. But, you are so sweet to offer. Thank you. (My bank account number would not do you much good since there is very little in it! ha!)

It's been some time since I've hung out here at the Cafe. The folks are every bit as grand as I remember. Nice to see some things don't change.

pat

Ivan Kelsall
Dec-27-2010, 2:00am
Hi Pat - You have an e-mail coming your way,posted i might add,prior to reading your post above. Your Bank account seems to be in the same state as mine -sans cash !!,:grin:
Ivan~:>66499