PDA

View Full Version : Christmas batch 2010

Austin Clark
Dec-15-2010, 12:03pm
I thought I would never finish this batch, but here ya go. Also, a couple of shots of an
H5 that went out last week.

Happy Holidays!

Ed Goist
Dec-15-2010, 12:06pm
Beautiful work Austin. Just beautiful. Congratulations.

JEStanek
Dec-15-2010, 12:40pm
Very nice.

Jamie

Skip Kelley
Dec-15-2010, 1:35pm
Austin, great looking batch! That is one sweet octave! I love the coloring!

amowry
Dec-15-2010, 1:46pm
Beautiful, Austin!

F-2 Dave
Dec-15-2010, 1:59pm
I'm loving the cutaway archtop octave. Big block inlay looks very cool.

billhay4
Dec-15-2010, 2:41pm
Yes!
Bill

mtucker
Dec-15-2010, 7:31pm
Oh man, deck the halls! Those will look great under the tree! ...my tree....:)

Chris Biorkman
Dec-15-2010, 8:58pm
Those all look fantastic.

MandoNicity
Dec-15-2010, 9:11pm
They all look fantastic Austin! Especially that GOB! Man that looks like a honey! I hope the new owner is a Cafe member and posts some sound clips as I'd love to hear it.

JR

Gail Hester
Dec-16-2010, 1:22am
Great work Austin, I love the group picture.

Randi Gormley
Dec-16-2010, 9:00am
Outstanding.

trevor
Dec-17-2010, 8:19am
A couple of those are due here this afternoon.

nola_mando
Dec-18-2010, 10:54am
Greetings, from a new member that has been lurking for years. I am the owner of the GOM pictured above. It is an incredible mandolin and makes a good companion to my two point. Austin is a joy to work with as a luthier. In the end Austin builds an instrument that sounds, plays and looks better than I could have imagined. The neck(s) are perfect. The bell like tone. I thought that was like someone describing the aroma of coffee or wine, you know with words like bouquet and hint of... Well, the bell like tone is for real all the way up the neck. The sustain on the octave is incredible, and the tone ranges from quite complex to warm, depending. The biggest challenge to me has been the longer scale length than a mandolin. Fortunately, my fingers seem to be getting longer. The finish is as described by others. I would say meticulous and flawless. If I can answer any questions about the instrument, I would be happy to. I will try to post photos soon. Perhaps a sound clip too...

Merry Christmas- the octave will look good under the tree. I hope to get one soon, but it is hard to put down the new mando.
Stephen

trevor
Dec-18-2010, 11:00am
My two have just been added to my website. They have Austin's usual rich and melodious tone. I love 'em.