PDA

View Full Version : The Adam Steffey Interview

NewsFetcher
Dec-12-2010, 9:31am
The Mandolin Cafe has posted news:
The Adam Steffey Interview
http://www.mandolincafe.com/news/publish/mandolins_001288.shtml

The Mandolin Cafe's Forum members have the questions, and mandolin legend Adam Steffey has the answers for a special feature interview.
---------------------------

NOTE: You may use your board membership to comment on news articles published by the Mandolin Cafe. Your comments will appear here and also will be appended to the end of the news article for public viewing. Standard board membership posting guidelines apply. The addition of images, videos, links and BB coding is turned OFF for this area so as not to compete with or interfere with the news item.

sgarrity
Dec-12-2010, 1:45pm
Great interview. Nice to see Adam's a true mando geek just like the rest of us!

MandoNicity
Dec-12-2010, 7:16pm
Excellent interview and well thought out answers. Thanks Adam!

JR

teet13
Dec-13-2010, 10:26pm
Outstanding and very informative interview from a great picker! A true gentleman.

grassrootphilosopher
Dec-14-2010, 5:06am
I very much like the concept of the interviews. You ask the interviewed person a question on a thread and you receive an answer to what you ask in the interview (if your question is chosen to be a part of it). If you follow the interviews, youŽll see that pretty much any conceivable question about musicianship is answered. YouŽll also see that musicians however different their lifes may be have common similarities between them. While some interviews may not feature "the" artist of your craving or while some interviews may cover information that has been covered a number of times, every interview that I have read here had something new, something interesting, something worth reading to say. This goes for this interview also. I had - some of - my question answered. Seffey makes an interesting statement about professional musicianship. Now go to the Stiernberg, the Lawson and the Stecher interview for example and read these interviews with special attention to what the necessary assets of professional musicianship are. You will find a lot in common among the mentioned musicians. Do this with respect to most any other question you have and youŽll find a wealth of knowledge displayed there.

Thanks for the interviews.

Skip Kelley
Dec-14-2010, 12:51pm
Adam, thank you for taking our many questions! You are such a huge inspiration and blessing to the mandolin community!

hank
Dec-14-2010, 1:06pm
"Adam, thank you for taking our many questions! You are such a huge inspiration and blessing to the mandolin community!"

Mike Romkey
Dec-15-2010, 12:34am
Nice interview. Thanks. (And good advise about the metronome!)

farmerjones
Dec-15-2010, 3:23pm
Once again a terrific interview with a terrific person.
Thank you Scott for your continued efforts and works
in both the mandolin and the overall music world.

Dan Johnson
Dec-15-2010, 3:36pm
Are these interviews all compiled in one place? Or could they be?

Very impressed with this one. I have a lot to learn!

Scott Tichenor
Dec-15-2010, 5:09pm
Are these interviews all compiled in one place? Or could they be?

Very impressed with this one. I have a lot to learn!

Yes, right here: http://www.mandolincafe.com/news/publish/cat_index_17.shtml

hank
Dec-15-2010, 7:42pm
Thanks Scott for being so organized and making this fantastic reference so easy to find and use. The address is definitely saved in my music favorites.

parker.benjamin
Dec-17-2010, 8:30am
Thanks Scott for another great interview,

To reiterate, as a "young" now turning older player, Mr. Steffey's clean style is surely what I aspire to in my bluegrass playing. Thanks for your story.

mandomedic
Dec-19-2010, 2:49pm
Great interview! I too was inspired by Dempsey Young and it was nice to hear Adam salute and recognize him.. I did sound for Lost and Found and others at a festival in Pennsylvania in 1990 and couldn't believe the tone Dempsey got from his mandolin.. After the show I introduced myself to Dempsey, he let me play his Hutto, but darned if I could get that tone.. Same with Adam.. He just has "That" tone... And like me, Adam is a cigar man.. What a guy! Kenc

Mandolin Cafe
Dec-12-2018, 12:03pm
Noting the anniversary of this interview from 2010.