PDA

View Full Version : Eastman 505

tnhounddawg
Dec-09-2010, 2:22pm
Greetings,I have been shopping for a used Eastman 505 mandolin on line,ebay mostly,but most everyone of them have the bridge saddle raised considerably.Does anyone know if the 505 has a problem with top sinking ? Thanks Kirk

Caleb
Dec-09-2010, 2:33pm
I have an '06 and the top is fine.

Keith Erickson
Dec-09-2010, 4:00pm
Greetings,I have been shopping for a used Eastman 505 mandolin on line,ebay mostly,but most everyone of them have the bridge saddle raised considerably.Does anyone know if the 505 has a problem with top sinking ? Thanks Kirk

Kirk,

I have to be honest with you, every Eastman I played was very good in quality, feel, tone, ect.....

I have never heard anyone utter a bad word against them. :cool:

Jim DeSalvio
Dec-09-2010, 5:28pm
Kirk,

Same here for me, no issues with Eastman mandos. But.......all of mine were purchased new from a good dealer who does quality control (The Mandolin Store), and weeds out the problems.

yankees1
Dec-09-2010, 5:40pm
I have a 2009 and no problem and it does sound great !

tnhounddawg
Dec-09-2010, 6:02pm
I've always heard they were hard to beat and that's why I wanted one also heard sound clips and they sound good .I just can't understand why the ones I've seen for sale as used all have the saddle raised ,kinda makes me paranoid .

Stephen Perry
Dec-09-2010, 10:08pm
Check out the saddle measurement from top to bottom. They're short on Eastmans, leaving more post exposed. The total height from the top is standard. Nothing to worry about.

Get one, tighten the screws on everything with a screw, fine tune the frets if need be, put on a Cumberland Acoustics bridge fitted nicely, have fun.

tnhounddawg
Dec-10-2010, 7:37am
Thanks for all the input.I am definitely sold on the Eastman mandolin