PDA

View Full Version : Customer Service Thanks.....

slimey
Dec-07-2010, 12:27pm
I recently decided to learn the Mandolin and ordered my first instrument from Mandolin Hut.
Unfortunately the instrument had taken a hit in transit, I thought it was not damaged but the bridge was way off to the right. Being a guitar player and used to fixed bridges I didn't have a clue where it should go on the mandolin or how to do it. I called Mandolin Hut and talked to them, they talked me , very patiently, through the process for locating and tuning the bridge. A free Mandolin lesson that was very informative.
Once the bridge was in place the instrument sounded fine, I started to work on my scales and when I got passed the 7th fret on the E string the 7th and 8th fret sounded the same and the 9th and 10th fret likewise.
I called Mandolin Hut again and explained the problem, Paul diagnosed one or two frets were high. Looking at the neck I could see they were, again my guess is a symptom of the hit that budged the bridge. Paul made some suggestions which may solve the problem, but he also offered to replace the instrument. I tried his setup suggestions and it didn't work. Called him back and he was good to his word and arranged to ship me a new instrument with a return label to get the original back to him.
We often hear of people letting others down, few nice stories, so I thought I would share this experience. I talked to 3 different people at the company during the saga, all were very helpfull, knowledgable, and pleasant. I'm convinced the problem was caused by the shipper but Paul has never tried to defend the " it was perfect when it left here" arguement. He's been purely about what can I do to solve the problem.
Sure it's an inconvenience to have to return the instrument but dealing with Mandolin Hut has been an A+ experience. I'd recommend their service to anyone.

Fstpicker
Dec-07-2010, 6:36pm
That speaks volumes of the great service that the Mandolin Hut gives its customers. Paul is a great help to many of us, and he has helped me even though I haven't purchased a Mandolin from him yet.

Jeff