PDA

View Full Version : Tim O'Brien Interview

mando1man
Dec-04-2010, 10:45am
We recorded Tim's interview a few days ago. He's such a talented guy, it turned out great. The only problem was, some uninvited obnoxious person kept interrupting the recording....well here.... check it out...
WD6Trwz9_w8

Jimmie
Dec-04-2010, 11:04am
Yep. That inept interviewer has kept me from watching any of these Mel Bay interviews. Sad.

JEStanek
Dec-04-2010, 11:12am
Well done interview. That interruption was quite the embarrassment for Tim, no doubt ;) He's a such a treasure to the music so many of us love.

Jamie

mando1man
Dec-04-2010, 11:13am
Yep. That inept interviewer has kept me from watching any of these Mel Bay interviews. Sad.

Jimmie, are you talking about the interview gal? I was talking about the goofy guy with the cowboy hat and sun glasses.

Ed Goist
Dec-04-2010, 11:34am
Boy, this is great! Thanks so much for posting.
Tim O'Brien is The Man!

Payit Forward
Dec-04-2010, 2:03pm
Tim O'Brien is The Man!

Yessir, Mighty Fine

Bill Van Liere
Dec-04-2010, 7:07pm
Thanks for posting this Mando1, I never get tired Tim/Hot Rize doing Blue Night.

Good to see Red also, but I wish he would for once take those sun glasses off so I could see what he really looks like. He reminds of a guy I met a couple of times at the Wheatland Music Festival. Wink wink

mtucker
Dec-04-2010, 8:57pm
What a great talent. I saw him with Knopfler this summer and he was just so in the pocket on every instrument he backed with, nothing crazy or standout'ish, just right there. Knopfler introduced him and all he really said is that Tim was good singer... very very true, and I don't even think Tim gave it a second thought, he's just such a humble, standup guy. I thought he really added to Knopflers sound although he had some pretty savvy players with him as well. Gracias for the post.

bagpipe
Dec-04-2010, 9:14pm
Good interview. I'm always impressed by how he plays in so many genres. To me, thats the sign of a great musician.

Tavy
Dec-05-2010, 5:31am
Many thanks for posting this - my only complaint is it's way way too short - more I say, more! :)

Fretbear
Dec-05-2010, 6:37am
Here's an entire Woodsongs Oldtime Radio Hour of Tim doing his "Chameleon",
which also has it's own annoying distraction :whistling::

http://www.woodsongs.com/showdetailspage.asp?SN=477

David M.
Dec-06-2010, 3:21pm
Many thanks for posting this - my only complaint is it's way way too short - more I say, more! :)

You got that right. Good stuff!

grassrootphilosopher
Dec-07-2010, 4:56am
Thanks Rob for the fine interview. Itīs also nice to see people appreciate banged up J-45s.

farmerjones
Dec-07-2010, 2:36pm
Unassuming.
Tim & Stu Duncan and a few others. Oh yeah, Kenny Baker. Unassuming monsters of talent.

fwoompf
Dec-07-2010, 7:09pm
What's that song he's playing at the beginning? It's beautiful! I want to learn it!

Scott Holt
Dec-07-2010, 7:27pm
"What's that song he's playing at the beginning? It's beautiful! I want to learn it! "

fwoompf, I think it is called "land of enchantment", and I believe it is on Radio Boogie. I should listen again to be sure.

I want to learn it too!

farmerjones
Dec-07-2010, 9:13pm
I thought it sounded like Forked Deere. Naw, that first one wasn't. Good tune tho.