PDA

View Full Version : Where are people looking and buying from?

shinerxl
Dec-02-2010, 1:22pm
Hi, forgive me forum for I have strayed, it is ages since my last post.:(

I am a maker and restorer and recently a customer has asked me to sell, on their behalf, a rather unusual Clifford Essex 12 string mandolin. Question is, which sites are people looking at when they think about buying old mandolins? I am based in the UK, if that helps.
By the way, looking at the wonderfully helpful thread about a bogus seller I want to assure folk that I am genuine and you can find me at www.selkiestrings.co.uk .
Thanks in advance, Mark Shiner.

F-2 Dave
Dec-02-2010, 4:50pm
Mandolin Cafe classifieds. Sometimes Ebay, but I strongly recommend the classifieds. There were 665 people on the forum at one time yesterday afternoon. All of them interested in mandolins.

Eddie Sheehy
Dec-02-2010, 11:16pm
Definitely The Classifieds...

shinerxl
Dec-03-2010, 4:36am
Thanks for the tip. Watch this space! It should be up a few days or so.
Cheers, Mark.

Aran
Dec-03-2010, 6:38am
Have you asked any of the UK retailers such as TAMCO in Brighton??

But yes the classifieds is the way to go.... (just so you know! It's not cool to list the item on other sites such as Ebay at the same time as the classifieds)

I would be interested except next on my list is either an F2 or F4...
Best of luck with the sale...

shinerxl
Dec-03-2010, 6:59am
(just so you know! It's not cool to list the item on other sites such as Ebay at the same time as the classifieds)

No, I didn't know. Thanks for the tip. Guess I'd better read the etiquette section. I'm up in the Orkney Islands so I don't fancy sending it all the way to Brighton, although I have a few friends there. The customer already sent it to me from Greece for the work to be done. I guess word gets around :)

Cheers, Mark.
www.selkiestrings.co.uk

Ray(T)
Dec-04-2010, 9:38am
There is also http://www.mandolin.org.uk/index.php although it is very quiet on the site and, I suspect, even quieter on the classifieds page.