PDA

View Full Version : A Joke (My Thanksgiving Gift to the Mandolin Cafe Community)

Ed Goist
Nov-25-2010, 10:31am
The following joke was told to me by a guitarist friend of mine. I have modified it for our (mandolin players) use...Tell at will...Enjoy!

Tony Rice, Béla Fleck, and Chris Thile were all having lunch together.
Tony Rice said, "I have always thought that I'm the greatest guitar player in the World, but how can I be sure?"
Béla Fleck replied, "I'm pretty sure I'm the best banjo player alive, but I've Never had it confirmed..."
Nodding, Chris Thile concurred. "I'm told I'm the best mandolin player alive, but Sometimes I wonder...'"
They all decided that the best way to find out if their beliefs were justified was to approach the Wicked Queen's mirror to confirm their musical supremacy.
They agreed to meet again the next day for lunch, to discuss their findings.
The next day Tony Rice walked up to the table with a smile. "Well, it's true. The mirror told me that I am the greatest guitarist in the world!"
Béla Fleck followed with a grin, boasting it to be true. It had been confirmed, he was the greatest banjo player alive.
Finally, Chris Thile walked in, head bowed, tears in his eyes and asked, "Who on earth is Ed Goist?!"

F-2 Dave
Nov-25-2010, 11:10am
Chris who?

Tim2723
Nov-25-2010, 11:19am
Like all good jokes, that one took me a moment. Happy Thanksgiving Ed and all!

Mandolin Holm
Nov-25-2010, 11:36am
Always good with confidence :P

I don't celebrate Thanksgiving, but happy regular thursday!

roscoestring
Nov-25-2010, 11:52am
I love it!

I'll use that soon.