PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving...

Sandy Beckler
Nov-24-2010, 8:14pm
Happy Thanksgiving to all at the Cafe and all of our mandolin friends.

Sandy;)

Elliot Luber
Nov-24-2010, 8:17pm
Same to you Sandy! I'm thankful this year that I'm still alive and still playing and even healthy again after a close call earlier in the year. And I'm thankful to my family and friends who saw me through it. You?

hank
Nov-24-2010, 9:05pm
Thanks Sandy. Happy Thanksgiving to you and all our fellow mandoliners. Hopefully as we go into this next year those who have lost so much can recover from their job loses and move on to a more plentiful life as well.

Martin Stevens
Nov-25-2010, 3:12am
Happy Thanksgiving!

MandoNicity
Nov-25-2010, 6:18am
Happy Thanksgiving to one and all.

JR

Mandolin Mick
Nov-25-2010, 6:36am
Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Couldn't find any Thanksgiving Mandolin photos ... so I may post one later ... :mandosmiley:

Ed Goist
Nov-25-2010, 7:21am
Happy Thanksgiving all! The Mandolin Cafe is certainly on the lengthy list of things I'm thankful for.

re simmers
Nov-25-2010, 9:14am
Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm thankful for the wealth of info shared on the cafe........and for my 6 month old Buckeye #55.

Bob

woodwizard
Nov-25-2010, 10:05am
Back at you!
and all the mandolin pickers here. Hope everyone has a good one!
Be well! and play nice!

journeybear
Nov-25-2010, 11:34am
Happy Thanksgiving All!!! What Ed and Bob said goes for me, too. This one is a little bittersweet for me, my first Thanksgiving without my mother on this earth, though she had kind of left earlier anyway. Still ... I've got a bird in the oven and more good food to come, plenty to go around if you are in the neighborhood.

I have been racking my brain to think of a Thanksgiving song - other than "Alice's Restaurant," though that pertains to the story rather than the song. There are plenty of songs associated with other holidays, Christmas being the Secretariat in this race, but Thanksgiving? I'm stumped. I don't mean blessings and hymns, which apply to gratitude in a more general sense - I mean specific to the holiday. I'd like to hear suggestions if anyone has any.

But don't fret too much. Relax, enjoy, and celebrate. Happy Thanksgiving!

BBK
Nov-25-2010, 1:04pm
Happy Thanksgiving to all and special thanks to Paul Newson who made my wonderful Newson F5. Don't forget to thank God today for all your blessings afterall, this is not turkey day........it's Thanksgiving Day.

Bryce

Scotti Adams
Nov-25-2010, 1:27pm

onestepahead
Nov-25-2010, 1:28pm
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone at the Cafe!!! :)

Randi Gormley
Nov-25-2010, 1:52pm
Happy Thanksgiving to all! A couple of us broke into a spontaneous rendition of "Over the River and Through the Woods" on Monday, that being the only Thanksgiving song anybody knew.

journeybear
Nov-25-2010, 3:16pm
oops

Jim Ferguson
Nov-25-2010, 3:36pm
Happy Thanksgiving & blessings to one & all !!!!
Peace,
Jim