PDA

View Full Version : blueridge vs GT Tenor guitar?

Adam Tracksler
Nov-17-2010, 12:38pm
anyone have an opinion between these two tenors?

OKMike
Nov-28-2010, 8:54pm
Don't know about the GT but love my Blueridge, I see that Blueridge is offering 3 different models of the tenor now, I believe one is solid wood, no plywood. Nice guitars wish they would try a mandolin.

rico mando
Nov-29-2010, 1:41am
my gold tone is just fine . but i have never played any other tenor its the gt-18

John Flynn
Nov-29-2010, 8:58pm
Don't know about the GT but love my Blueridge, I see that Blueridge is offering 3 different models of the tenor now, I believe one is solid wood, no plywood. Nice guitars wish they would try a mandolin.
Well, you're in luck, "they" have! Blueridge is Saga, whose brand names for mandolins are Kentucky, Rover and Trinity College. Possibly made in the same plant(s).

Cary Fagan
Nov-30-2010, 10:55am
I've tried them both in stores and liked the Blueridge better. Sound, neck, general attractiveness. Much like a Blueridge guitar I once owned. Since I don't play guitar much I sold it to someone in my jam who now always brings it instead of her Martin. I think she finds it easier to play.

Ed Goist
Jan-29-2012, 3:14pm
Does anyone know the fretboard radius on the Blueridge and/or the Gold Tone tenor guitars?
I assume the boards on Gibson TGs have a radius of 12", while the necks on Martin TGs have a 14" radius.
This seems to be a very difficult spec to find.