PDA

View Full Version : Strad-O-Lin

Pookie
Nov-14-2010, 3:28pm
My Strad. Age not determined. Warm sound.

Bruce Clausen
Nov-14-2010, 3:56pm
A real beauty! I would think built not far from 1940. (No date stamp inside?) Thanks for sharing.

Pookie
Nov-14-2010, 5:25pm
none visible

Randi Gormley
Nov-14-2010, 7:18pm
Nice. Looks a lot like mine. I love these things.

Charles E.
Nov-14-2010, 7:56pm
Do the bridges on these mandolins usually sit that low on the sound holes ?

MikeEdgerton
Nov-14-2010, 8:38pm
There is only one Strad-O-Lin that the bridge was above the bottom of the sound hole and that was called the Professional. I think we've seen 2, maybe three. Cafe member Bruce Clauson has one. There are pictures of it (and other Strad-O-Lins) in the Strad-O-Lin social group. This is one was to identify the Strad-O-Lin genre mandolins, the bridge sits at the bottom of the sound holes. The vast majority of Strads don't have a date stamp inside. I have yet to get one in my hand that had one and I've had about a dozen of these. I take that one to be from the 30's to 40's. Please take time to join the Strad-O-Lin Social Group and post pictures of your mandolin there. This one is pretty nice.

Pookie
Nov-14-2010, 8:53pm
thanks for the kind comments everybody. i traded a cheap souvenir mando (electric/acoustic) for this. I think that I did good. I picked up another mando, no name/number. it is currently getting tuners, nut, strings, and bridge. I'll put some pictures up when I get it back.

John Soper
Nov-14-2010, 9:15pm
You did good!

Pookie
Nov-15-2010, 1:23am
a rare happening