PDA

View Full Version : Dailey and Vincent at Richmond

Mandoviol
Nov-10-2010, 10:15pm
Just saw them tonight. Hot dang, they were good. Anybody else go? And who agrees with me that Jeff Parker is absolutely insane on the mandolin?

I'm still riding on the music high :mandosmiley:

johnmarkva
Nov-11-2010, 9:22am
Saw them this summer and they were great. Jeff is amazing.

Fiddler3
Nov-11-2010, 9:26am
I've seen them several times since they formed and it is amazing to see the growth in the group and Jeff Parker is part of that. He really has stepped forward since the first time I seen them. They are top notch on anything they do.

FredR
Nov-11-2010, 10:03am
I have seen them twice. They put on a great show, both entertaining and inspiring. I think Jeff Parker is under-rated as a mandolin player. He can play with amazing speed and the notes are crisp and clean. My favorite numbers they do, however, are the ones like "By the Mark" and "Winter's Come and Gone" when it is just Darrin and Jamie with a guitar and mandolin. The harmony of their voices, combined with the simplicity of the just the 2 instruments make those songs extra special IMHO. I hope the band stays together for many years.

johnmarkva
Nov-11-2010, 10:37am
Great point Fred. Speed is fun and impressive, but those harmonies give you chills.

blawson
Nov-11-2010, 11:03am
Yup, I was there. They definitely put the "entertain" in Entertainers of the Year. Their showmanship is dialed in. Two hours with no intermission... but even if every song is not your cup of tea, it's a diverse, interesting, often humorous show that flies by.

fatt-dad
Nov-11-2010, 11:30am
once again, papa gordo finds himself clueless on the world around him. I would have see you all there, if I'da only known, sigh. . .

f-d

Mandoviol
Nov-11-2010, 9:25pm
Two hours with no intermission...

I was pretty impressed by that; granted, Jamie and Darrin gave the rest of the guys a break by doing duets during the show, but those guys definitely have endurance, especially in their voices. Hearing how loud and high they got on some of those harmonies, you would have thought they would have gone hoarse halfway through the show, but they stayed strong for all two hours of it. And Christian's rumbling bass vocals...he had those speakers shaking just by pure means of his voice.