PDA

View Full Version : Every Time you say Goodbye

MandoJimbo
Oct-15-2004, 4:18pm
Am having a terrible time getting the beat into the TAB on the Cafe site. listened and listened but just can't get it. Just too fast on the CD. Anybody have an idea how to slow this down on the CD without ruining the pitch.. I thught I saw apost someplace about some freeware that would do this.. Checked archive with no luck.. Anybody play this tune... It's real sweet.

s1m0n
Oct-15-2004, 11:08pm
The amazing slowdowner is the program you need. Plays any CD at any speed and in any key you like. If you want to hear a tune at 63% of the recorded speed, in Bb instead of A, and in A=415 hz instead of A=440, that's the machine which can do it.

http://www.ronimusic.com/

s1m0n
Oct-15-2004, 11:14pm
Oh yeah--the free version is I think limited to the first two tracks on any CD. If the song you like isn't one of these, you'll have to either pay the forty bucks for a registration or burn a special CD with the tune you want set to track one or two.

MandoJimbo
Oct-16-2004, 4:26pm
Thanks Simon, Have not tried the Amazing slowdowner...I also just heard that the new windows media player will do the same thing.. Anybody had any experience.. Also sorry not to mention that the tune is an Allison Krauss tune...Been listening to it all day all week and I guess I just assumed everyone else had also... this one is really stuck in my head and I can't get it out???

kenny m
Oct-16-2004, 8:27pm
I think you can find the tab to that song at alltabs.com you can also load tefview and here it played and you can slow it down as well.

Bluegrasstjej
Oct-18-2004, 8:51am
Winamp has a great plugin program named Pacemaker, which lets you slow down any track. I use it sometimes and it's great. And it's free, without bad limitations. Winamp's free version won't let you rip tracks and some other things, but this function will work without troubles.

MandoJimbo
Oct-18-2004, 1:19pm
Thanks for the help! I got the winamp and the Amazing slow downer.. I like the Amazing Slowdowner as it seems to be just a little more user friendly.. The free version is fine...Just copy a track and run from there... What is amazing is how incredible some of the better players really are.. really notice it when you slow e'm down. This will be a great tool for me! Time to get back in over my head.

Harrmob
Oct-19-2004, 7:24am
go to http://www.mandozine.com/ and get the tabledit file for it. Slow it down and learn it note for note, speed it up as you learn it, then turn the lead off and play with the repeat button on- you'll eventually get it. I had a problem learning that one too, the use of the pinky is almost unnatural.

MandoJimbo
Oct-19-2004, 8:51am
Thanks Harmob, But I cannot find it at Mandozine?

Harrmob
Oct-19-2004, 10:27am
go to the tabledit files, then search for "every" or something like that. It's there, I just looked. You need to download the free tabledit viewer if you don't already have it.

MandoJimbo
Oct-21-2004, 10:11am
Thank-you Harrmob, Found it...Now if I can learn it?