PDA

View Full Version : Northern Italian and Ticino Region Folk Songs for Mandolin

NewsFetcher
Nov-04-2010, 6:52am
The Mandolin Cafe has posted news:
Northern Italian and Ticino Region Folk Songs for Mandolin
http://www.mandolincafe.com/news/publish/mandolins_001285.shtml

Carlo Aonzo, Clara Ponzoni and Giorgio Borsani have teamed up to produce Northern Italian and Ticino Region Folk Songs for Mandolin, a collection of folk tunes from the northern region of Italy that shares a border with the southern tip of Switzerland.

---------------------------

NOTE: You may use your board membership to comment on news articles published by the Mandolin Cafe. Your comments will appear here and also will be appended to the end of the news article for public viewing. Standard board membership posting guidelines apply. The addition of images, videos, links and BB coding is turned OFF for this area so as not to compete with or interfere with the news item.

Don Stiernberg
Nov-04-2010, 9:58am
I'm so glad this book is in print. While teaching at Carlo's Academia in Savona last August I had my first exposure to the terrific music of the beautiful Ticino region. It's a rich and well maintained tradition and the tunes are very spirited.Parallels can be drawn to other mandolin traditions from around the world such as fiddle tunes, choro, celtic, etc. Virtuosity is involved and can be cultivated
by playing these engaging and entertaining melodies. The presenters, Clara and Giorgio, are terrific musicians, and that Carlo Aonzo is not so bad himself. I can't wait to get a copy!

KristinEliza
Nov-04-2010, 10:33am
Finally! Carlo teased us with this book back in June...I'm glad it's finally available for purchase.

Phil Vinyard
Nov-04-2010, 12:36pm
I second Kristin! Been looking for it to publish ever since he gave us L’Alborela at Kaufman Kamp. Definitely on my Christmas list.

Martin Jonas
Nov-04-2010, 12:46pm
We've also been discussing this book over in the Celtic/European Folk section here (http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/showthread.php?51083-Southern-Italian-Mandolin&p=854506&viewfull=1#post854506).

Martin

PS: Looks like I can't post links in this section -- I wonder why.

Scott Tichenor
Nov-04-2010, 4:38pm
Looks like I can't post links in this section -- I wonder why.

Explained in the opening post on the forum thread. Comments in this section are appended to News articles so typical coding is turned off so as to not compete.

Mandolin Mick
Nov-04-2010, 6:15pm
I love Italian mandolin!!!