PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Holland

Dennis Verhiest
Nov-03-2010, 6:27pm
Hi there, I thought it would be nice to introduce myself.
My name is Dennis, 41 years, I live in Schiedam, the Netherlands with my wife, 3 kids, a dozen animals and bought my first mandolin last weekend, an Oscar Schmidt OM12.

I have been making music all my life, most of the time in metal and punkrock bands.....
A couple of weeks ago I wondered how to tune a mandolin and got hooked right away.....

I've been learning to play Lough Erin Shore and since it's almost christmas I'm going to try to nail down In Dulce Jubilo..... A nice challenge for a newbie don't you think????

mandroid
Nov-03-2010, 7:34pm
Hi , and welcome,

a Musician friend here is from an Irish mother and a NL Father, so you playing Irish tunes fine..
Heck theres a shorter trip for you to visit there than We.

I note the Pacific NW coast is about the same temperature as the reports for Amsterdam.

though I envy your fietspads.

Tim2723
Nov-03-2010, 7:34pm
Welcome Dennis! Glad to hear you're enjoying the mandolin. Stick around with us and have a blast!

Mike Bunting
Nov-03-2010, 7:39pm
Welcome, just thought I'd say that I really enjoyed your part of the world. On a day off, we visited the Pro Music store in Rotterdam, near you I believe.

Randi Gormley
Nov-03-2010, 8:07pm
Welcome!

Ivan Kelsall
Nov-04-2010, 2:17am
Hello & welcome from the UK Dennis,nice to have you on board,
Ivan;)

Jon Hall
Nov-04-2010, 7:33am
Dennis

Welcome to the cafe and to the mandolin. Many years ago I spent about a week in your beautiful country. I stayed in Made.

outdoors4me
Nov-04-2010, 7:51am
Pull up a chair and sit a spell.

Welcome.

Beck

Cue Zephyr
Nov-04-2010, 6:31pm
Goedendag. ;)

Jim MacDaniel
Nov-04-2010, 7:40pm
...though I envy your fietspads.

And I the stroopwafels.

Welcome aboard!

onestepahead
Nov-04-2010, 9:57pm
Welcome, Dennis! I so want to visit your country one of these days! I've heard it is beautiful!!! So glad you're enjoying the mandolin, and hope you'll stick around and keep us company on here!

Dennis Verhiest
Nov-05-2010, 3:49am
Thank you everybody for the warm welcome. I'll keep you posted about my progress, and know I will learn a lot here.

JEStanek
Nov-05-2010, 7:53am
Welcome, Dennis.

Jamie