PDA

View Full Version : Post a pic of your cat sleeping in your case

Pages : [1] 2

jeff_75
Feb-14-2004, 8:19am
this happens a lot when i practice and leave my case unattended.

AlanN
Feb-14-2004, 8:48am
You should write a tune "Cat Hair in my Calton"

Mike Crocker
Feb-14-2004, 9:22am
...or Cat Coffin...

WJF
Feb-14-2004, 10:02am
If any of my cats ever even attempted sleeping in my case I'd be posting a picture in a thread entitled "Post a Picture of Your Cat on a Rotisserie" http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

Don't get me wrong ... I love my cats (4 of 'em) but I sure don't want any of them in any of my cases ...

AlanN
Feb-14-2004, 10:47am
Our cat is so dang skittish, she wouldn't even think of going in a case, although the calton looks like a "purr-fect" sleeping space. I even describe the large one I have as a queen-size bed for the F-5.

Hey Wayne,

You don't know me, but I played on Tom Hanway's CD with Barry and Vassar, which I think you did too.

fmspinc
Feb-14-2004, 1:06pm
here are a few

WJF
Feb-14-2004, 7:05pm
Ok ... I have to admit ... it does look like a wonderful resting place for a cat but I still don't want one of mine anywahere near my case. Many things could happen, few of them good.

AlanN ... you're right! I was on Tom's CD ... last cut as I recall as part of the mando quartet that provided the intro to "Moscow Nights" ... That was a while ago but a fun session. What cut(s) were you on? I'll have to dig it out and give it a listen.

mandoJeremy
Feb-14-2004, 7:18pm
Here is my little Gandalf doing the same. #Notice the cuddling of my string wiping cloth. Great neck support though isn't it?

mad dawg
Feb-14-2004, 7:22pm
fmspinc --- is it just my imagination, or is that an exceptionally large cat sleeping in your case?http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif

AlanN
Feb-14-2004, 11:04pm
Hey Wayne,

Yeah, Tom wanted me on that "Moscow Nights", couldn't get it it together, as I recall. I played on "Nashville Blues", Barry and I did a twin break, came out pretty good, with Bob Harris and Vassar. I know Ben Freed; should you see him, tell him I said hi.

- Alan

Hoyt
Feb-14-2004, 11:10pm
This is no joke. I keep my empty cases closed because our cat has difficulty telling the difference between a litter box and any opened box/case. He hasn't ruined an instrument case, but I had a really nice hard computer case that had to be trashed.

Otherwise, he's quite cool.

mandoJeremy
Feb-14-2004, 11:23pm
Hey AlanN and Wayne, the thread is about cats in mando cases! #Congratulations though (PM him)! #Hoyt, the Calton you see actually has a spot in it where my frind's cat pi&*ed one night. #I was so mad and it took quite a few chemicals to get rid of the smell, plus the plush isn't exactly as plush as it used to be!

fmspinc
Feb-14-2004, 11:51pm
Mad Dog, no the cat is normal size, its just the angle. Although our new kitten (at 8 mos. is already bigger than this cat, and we expect he could top out at about 20 lbs.)

fmspinc
Feb-15-2004, 12:00am
... and here's one in a violin case

WJF
Feb-15-2004, 9:04am
Hi mandoJeremy BushJunior ... apologies to you and anyone else who felt that my brief "conversation" with Alan was an attempt at hijacking the thread ... certainly wasn't my intent and I'd dare say wasn't Allan's either. I think we were probably caught in in the "gee it's a small world, we're on the same CD and here we are in the same thread too" syndrome.

We apparently both have cats too, hence our original interest in this thread.

Anyway, please accept my apologies again for the 'non cat in the case content'

Wayne

Scott Tichenor
Feb-16-2004, 9:03am
Introducing "Mac" or Ms. McWilliams, the Cafe's grandma cat who has her own dedicated case for sleeping. Has anyone else noticed that if you leave a Calton or a TKL open cats choose the most expensive option every time?

siliqua
Feb-16-2004, 9:07am
One of the guys in our jam wrote a tune called "Catch It In The Fiddle Case"....

Say it real slow a couple times....

levin4now
Feb-16-2004, 10:00am
I guess these are F-style cats?...

My mother-in-laws cat likes to stretch and pull her claws through the rug. I hope your cats aren't doing that with your nice Calton tartan linings!

Tom C
Feb-16-2004, 10:07am
They do seem to mold better to the F styles

Russ(String-Alley)
Feb-16-2004, 10:50am
This could never happen but:
Imagine closing your case not looking.............get to the gig and the cats in there when you get ready to go up......

"and on cat tonight...................."

http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif

fmspinc
Feb-16-2004, 7:57pm
I don't want to point the thread in any manner more scatological than it already is, but I too have had a cat 'poo' on a nice new smalldog case cover. It washed out OK , but was , obviously, never new again. Still, cats will crawl into anything left open, and I really don't mind.

Chris Cantergiani
Feb-16-2004, 9:34pm
My cat Max - just waking up.
His request - "O Solo Meow."
I told him I only play Bluegrass.
So he asked for "Little Birdie".

Chris

Nik-chick
Feb-16-2004, 11:49pm
Our cat threw up on my Dad's case, seeped in and ruined the finish on a brand new top-of-the-line Samick 12-string guitar.

Russ: VERY funny. Whole new meaning to playing on cat gut.

John Ritchhart
Feb-17-2004, 9:50am
Cat pee doesn't come out. My cat went in a banjo case. I called the maker to see what could be done. He said "yea there's something you can do, throw it away." So the Stelling got a new case, and I promised the cat to take up the mandolin. Now everyone's happy.

fmspinc
Feb-17-2004, 11:13am
... and one more. This 'kitty' is only 8 mos. old.

LeftCoastMark
Feb-17-2004, 11:58am
DON'T THROW AWAY THAT CASE YOUR CAT PEED IN!!! Rumor has it that cat pee is the ESSENTIAL key ingredient in Charlie Derrington's TOP SECRET DISTRESSED LOAR PERFUME mix.

Think about it...you've got an 80 year-old instrument that's been kicking around gawd knows where and at some point along the line, somebody's cat got in that case and TOOK A PEE!

Yes friends, if you want that essential distressed loar smell, that scent that loar afficianados inhale with relish from a true OLD LOAR, you've got to have some cat piss.

And not just any old cat will truely suffice. The ideal VINTAGE LOAR CAT PISS will come from some old barn tomcat, fed on barn mice and milk straight from the udder.

mandoJeremy
Feb-17-2004, 12:02pm
Like I said earlier, my Calton had a cat pee in it but I did get the scent out with lots of scrubbing and chemicals. #Also, lots of Febreeze and I let the case dry and air out for a few days. #I definitely wouldn't throw it out!

Darryl Wolfe
Feb-17-2004, 12:17pm
Been there done that..we've had four or five cats over the past 30 years..and every one of them makes a beeline for an open case

rnjl
Feb-17-2004, 2:39pm
Hey, I can top this story- many years ago, my college girlfriend's cat gave birth to a whole litter of kittens in her guitar case!

I think she had lent the guitar out or it was being fixed or something.

I'm allergic to cats, I'm leaving this thread and going back to haiku (as opposed to going back to work. . . )

Neal

Dan Adams
Feb-17-2004, 6:46pm
Looking like she is on a guilt trip. Caught looking for a place to sleep. It was available in the next case.

Banger
Feb-17-2004, 7:10pm
Sorry guys, I couldn't resist.

jeff_75
Feb-17-2004, 7:59pm
"I swear, I've done nothing..."

JiminRussia
Feb-17-2004, 9:38pm
And all along I thought that I had a unique cat. Heck! I guess that Maggie is just plain old cat, but then again, that's why we love her.

Bill James
Feb-17-2004, 10:35pm
Harley

mandoJeremy
Feb-17-2004, 10:55pm
Hi JiminRussi, can you guess what my Gandalf cat is?.....He is a Russian Blue. I thought you would appreciate, I know that I do because he is the most loving cat.

mandolinquent
Feb-18-2004, 3:37am
I have 4 very nosey, curious cats. The whole kitty-in-a-case thing started about 3 years ago for me when I bought my first Taylor guitar. My only female cat made a dash for the case everytime I opened it! I thought she was nuts and just liked the Taylor case- but no. My most recent case purchase was last week when I bought a new D-shape case for my newly restored violin. As soon as I got home I opened the case to play a few tunes. 20 minutes later I return to the case to find one of the cats laying inside. I'm hoping to purchase a Pegasus mando case in the next few months, and I'm sure my cats will take more than a few naps in it! My only complaint with all of this is the hair that is left in my cases as a reminder of who REALLY runs the house! Cats rule. P.S. They also LOVE instrument strings! Anytime I change a string on an instrument, at least one of my cats is sitting next to me anticipating the moment I lay the old string down. Putting ON the new string is whole 'nother ordeal. Ever try to put a new string on while a cat bats at your hand the entire time? not easy!

blister96
Feb-18-2004, 8:15am
this is the last photograph i got to make of my beloved Kelsie, who died last fall. i had been out shooting photographs at a contra dance for a friend, and when i returned, i stayed up late practing the mandolin. when i got up from the couch to put my mando away, i found Kelsie in the case (under the lamplight, which was warm). i found my camera, loaded some high speed film, and shot a roll in what seem liked three minutes. this is the last photo from that roll. kelsie died about 8 days after this (acute kidney failure), and i actually processed this roll after she was gone. she was my little love for 16-1/2 years, and i am glad to have these images for my final remembrance of her.....kim

blister96
Feb-18-2004, 8:22am
sorry, i didn't get the photo of kelsie posted along with my note...so sorry! kim

blister96
Feb-18-2004, 8:32am
one more photo, if you'll allow me...you can see Kelsie's face a bit more in this shot...she surely did love that mando case. ;) kim

MandoVin
Feb-18-2004, 9:17am
My cats have always believed an open guitar or mandolin case is the best seat in the house. Here's "Newt" relaxing in my old mando case which seems to be a custom fit for him.

dangerjudy
Feb-18-2004, 1:14pm
Mandovin thats a GREAT picture! I laughed out loud!http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

bratsche
Feb-18-2004, 1:23pm
I absolutely LOVE this thread, and am saving all the pictures. Seven cats currently reside here with my husband and me. Cats are the coolest creatures on Earth, imo. I would love to be able to share pictures of them with you, but still have to figure out how to accomplish this without teaching them any new bad habits. You see, all my instruments are kept in the only room of the house that's "off limits" to them - sort of a combo practice/craft/guest room - and I'm pretty fastidious about keeping cases shut when they're unoccupied, due to some past bad experiences.

But thanks for the wonderful contributions. I hope this thread lasts as long as the "post a picture of yourself" one! ;)

bratsche

Brookside
Feb-18-2004, 2:30pm
Hey Kim, heaven is full of open mando cases. Our friends will be waiting for us there.

coydog
Feb-18-2004, 7:49pm
I think I saw at least one other dog picture on this thread. My small dog loves sleeping on my Small Dog case cover...

http://coydog.com/images/small%20dog%201.jpg

mandroid
Feb-18-2004, 10:28pm
After a trip to the Vet for "getting fixed" , they take awhile to get comfortable in anything that resembles a carrier box.

http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mandosmiley.gif

Django Fret
Feb-19-2004, 8:18am
Here is a different kind of cat in a case...

Bill James
Feb-19-2004, 12:01pm
Awe come on Bratsche, give em' each a little nap in an old case and snap a few images. You big meannie...don't you know cats ALWAYS get their way.

mandoJeremy
Feb-19-2004, 12:04pm
Dang Django Fret!!! #I always leave up it to you to make me die laughing as I am scrolling down a page to see what is new!!! #It is always unexpected with you!!!http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif

Nik-chick
Feb-19-2004, 3:59pm
D'Jango: You beat me to the strange pic idea. I was going to do one of my cat-shaped purse in a gig bag. I didn't have my camera tho. Yours was MUCH better. *L*

pickinpox
Feb-19-2004, 5:17pm
I don't have a cat so will Dr. Pepper, the bluegrass parrot (who can meow) suffice?

I did however get this TKL case from Scott Tichenor. It was the one his Collings F came in. #He had it only a short while, but long enough to get some cat hair in it!

mandoJeremy
Feb-19-2004, 5:24pm
That would make a gourmet feast for all of the Cafe cats pictured! Gandalf is actually drooling while looking at the monitor!

levin4now
Feb-19-2004, 5:38pm
Yes Django. Sweet sweet humour. That's the kind of thing that people groan about when I try it. Good thinking.

ADM

fmspinc
Feb-19-2004, 6:33pm
This topic has become a favorite - thanks for starting it. We even made the Home page highlights. I have three cats entered so far.

Django Fret
Feb-19-2004, 11:37pm
Mandojeremy, Nik-Chick and Levin4now, I am glad you liked it.

Now, how about a case in a CAT(scan)?

Nik-chick
Feb-20-2004, 12:38am
pickinpox: You'd best not teach Dr. Pepper that! If he develops that bad habit and then goes to visit Sally, Rhonda could wind up with bird poop in her case!

D'Jango: *LOL*

mandoJeremy
Feb-20-2004, 9:49am
Django, what were the results of the scan?

mandopete
Feb-20-2004, 12:55pm
Oh, I just couldn't resist . . . . . .

mandoJeremy
Feb-20-2004, 1:12pm
I hope that litter is scoopable and that you have one mighty big pooper scooper mandopete!

fmspinc
Feb-20-2004, 4:56pm
Oh, we've had kittens.. guess the Stinnett will have to find another home.

bratsche
Feb-20-2004, 5:12pm
This will have to suffice, for now... ;-)

Ajvessey
Feb-21-2004, 11:47pm
Best picture ever MandoVin. It exemplifies why I love cats!

Brookside
Feb-22-2004, 2:24am
Spooky kitty in a Taylor guitar case.

Scott Tichenor
Feb-22-2004, 8:42pm
Little Lover Blue Sky Velcro Baguette, the Cafe's other kitty. That's the name you get when you let a 4 year old name her cat. It's since been shortened to "Lover". She's testing out Ted's Lewis Django case during the Stiernberg workshop jam at my house. Pic by Ted.

Flanagan
Feb-23-2004, 1:17pm
It's Mine I tell you...Mine!

Missy waits for me to open my case every night. At least someone is listening when I practice!

Lee
Feb-27-2004, 4:37pm
Pickinpox, maybe you've just hit on the other secret ingredient to the Loar-scent potion.

fmspinc
Feb-27-2004, 6:18pm
Here's my youngest daughter and 'Miles'. Looks like she has him on a leash - which happens to be my best mandolin strap !?

delsbrother
Feb-27-2004, 6:25pm
OK, long setup for a (maybe) small payoff, but here goes..

Reading the "cheapo 5 string emando" thread for the heck of it (and because I love cheapo emandos).

Saw Niles' post about 3/4 sized guitars converted to emando...

Switched to cruising eBay for children's guitars to convert..

Found this - purrfect for all you V lovers out there (here's the payoff):

http://i11.ebayimg.com/03/i/01/63/bc/b5_1_s.JPG

OK, so it's not sleeping in it (heck, most of the cats in this thread aren't asleep!) and it's neither a mandolin nor a case (and yet strangely, it's also... uh, both). Well... whatever. I thought it was funny anyway. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif p.s. I want it.

Ajvessey
Feb-27-2004, 7:19pm
Ahh this thread is so funny! Every time I see it I realize how much I like cats and how much I miss having mine around when I'm away at school. Hey Fmspinc, how much does miles weigh? I really love that long hair type, and big cats can be so much fun.

fmspinc
Feb-28-2004, 8:49pm
Miles is still a kitten (as noted in some earlier pix on this thread). He is shy of 9 mos. We kinda expect he will be a 20 pounder. BIG.

Frank

Nik-chick
Mar-01-2004, 6:49pm
Delsbro: Why is Rio (the doll from the 80s I think I see on the right) nekid??? I didn't think this site allowed nudity! (Plastic is no excuse, if it was you could show a lot of Hollywood people nekid).

The cats, however, can be naked if they so choose (infact I dare anyone to try to dress one of them up!)

Tom C
Mar-01-2004, 10:24pm
Delsbrother,

Nice <s>dolls</s> --Sorry, action figures. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

delsbrother
Mar-02-2004, 1:17am
Sorry, neither the dolls, the case, nor the cat are mine. I wouldn't have minded having the case, though... Which I suppose is disturbing.. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif

Lee
Mar-02-2004, 12:54pm
Nik-chik; we agreed not to incite physical violence here. No clothes on the kitties please.

Ted Eschliman
Mar-02-2004, 1:46pm
Okay, it may not be very politically correct, but I get a kick out of this quote by the great science fiction author/philosopher:
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
-Robert A. Heinlein

Nik-chick
Mar-02-2004, 1:50pm
Lee: Oh, come on...I wanted to see someone dress up a Bill Meownroe or a Rhonda Vincat (if only with photoshop, not reality). Why not just do the fur on one's head and call it Chris Tabby?

Ted: EXACTLY!

GDAEx2
Mar-02-2004, 2:06pm
Love this thread! It took all of 5 minutes after I opened my case for Winnie Cat to make herself comfortable. Even though I always chase her out, she is persistant in climbing into whatever case is handy. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mandosmiley.gif

straight-a
Mar-03-2004, 11:57am
Could have had a pic last night if a camera had been handy. Our lead singer and bass player's cat crawled into our mandolinist's Calton during practice. He usually perches atop my banjo case.

Django Fret
Mar-03-2004, 7:02pm
Mandojeremy, it turned out to be a case of MAS hysteria.

mandoJeremy
Mar-03-2004, 9:14pm
I think I suffer from that also! I will go ask Gandalf(my cat, not the wizard) if he could possibly give me a cat scan in the Freudian realm of his mind. Who knows what would show up!

Kirby161
Mar-03-2004, 9:15pm
my instructor has a weiner dog named killer that sleeps in his mando case, not a cat, but close to the same size.

Flowerpot
Mar-03-2004, 10:11pm
I love this thread! I dearly wish I had a picture of our dear departed friend of 15 years, Jed, in my mando case. It was one of his favorite places, but I somehow never took a picture of him there. He looked a lot like Gandalf!

So this may be a stretch, but here is a "kitty" that visited us three days ago and took a rest under a mesquite tree in the back yard. I doubt that he would fit in a mandolin case, but would probably like to rest in a mando-cello case if I had one. He came through our rod iron fence, a very tight fit, and rested is the shade until we got too close with the camera. He's been coming (or some other bobcat) to drink out of our pool for three years now.

mandoJeremy
Mar-03-2004, 11:47pm
Dude, that is a "real" bobcat!!!! #Great pic. #Just don't try to go pet him! #Seriously Flowerpot, did your cat have the same silver sheen to him when you saw him in the light? #I know Gandalf looks like a grey cat in the picture but that he is not. #That is one of the keys to having Russian Blues, plus they have 4 toes on the rear foot and 5 on the front and purple or mauve footpads. #Makes no sense for balance! Also, my mom used to have a bobtailed cat that was colored just like the pic and my last cat was a bobtailed Siamese.

mandoJeremy
Mar-03-2004, 11:54pm
Hey mandopete, I think I have very similar pics of myself in my younger days!

Flowerpot
Mar-04-2004, 1:30am
Well, mandojeremy, Jed looked very much like a Russian blue, except his eyes were green to yellow-green. His mother was Siamese and his father was -- well, nobody is sure. He was the greatest cat there ever was, and I swear he understood as much English as a 4-year old child. Here he is in his prime, about 3 years old; the silver sheen was lost in his later years, but not the twinkle in the eyes... sniff. And he loved the mandolin; he's drape his front paws over my right leg as I played and look up and nod his head at the end of a song if he approved.

Tom C
Mar-04-2004, 10:05am
OK guys, your starting to break the rules without with having a mando case. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

mandoJeremy
Mar-04-2004, 11:22am
Hey Flowerpot, he was a very beautiful cat. He does look a lot like Gandalf. I am sure you miss him. Thanks for sharing the pic.

mandoJeremy
Mar-04-2004, 9:31pm
There is a Calton in the background and I am sure of it!

Joe F
Mar-07-2004, 2:51pm
Not a cat, but potential cat food! Her name is Rosebud, and our cat Thomasina gets along with her very well.

kilowhiskey99
Mar-08-2004, 1:18am
I have posted this one a while back, but it fit the topic so here goes again. The mandolin is Laurel #3.

Kraig

Nik-chick
Mar-10-2004, 9:02pm
No sooner did I get the mandolin I borrowed out of the case than in went the cat. You wouldn't think that would happen with the kind I can have in the dorm.

Picture is here as I have no way to resize it, and Tripod won't let me post pics. (http://wildwoodflower81.tripod.com/Cat.htm)

That's my purse by the way.

mandoJeremy
Mar-10-2004, 9:30pm
http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

WireBoy
Apr-04-2004, 11:16pm
Ok, Here is my cat Timon relaxing.

OdnamNool
Apr-05-2004, 4:03am
Mandojeremy, it turned out to be a case of MAS hysteria.
Case scanning! #How very interesting! #And to think that all this time I thought that cats were more interested in fish as opposed to cases... #Ya know...salmon, sole, haddock... #(Golly, I'm surprised that I remembered that!) # http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

jimini_pickit
Apr-25-2004, 10:54am
Well, my cat's long gone to meet her maker...but I did catch this 'cool cat' hopping in my case once I started playing!

Keith Miller
Apr-27-2004, 4:24am
My kids don't try and hide in the case AFTER i start to play, they try and hide the case BEFORE I play http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

phynie
May-04-2004, 7:42pm
I know that this has been going on for far too long but I just had to add a picture of Renaldo the Superhamster!

plunktone
Jun-14-2004, 4:45pm
I guess it's time to get a mandola because this kitty is just too big for my mando case.
-jamie

onlyagibsonisgoodenuff
Jun-14-2004, 6:18pm
OK, so he's not a cat, and he's not in my case. But with a face like that, I couldn't resist!

WireBoy
Jun-14-2004, 8:40pm
hey plunktone,
very interseting choice of PLAID inside your case ?!?!

OdnamNool
Jun-15-2004, 4:29am
What an adorable dog, OAGIGE! #What kind of dog is it?

AlanN
Jun-15-2004, 5:46am
OnlyaGibson,

You gotta write a tune "Dog Drool on my Calton"! Nice doggie http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

OdnamNool
Jun-15-2004, 6:08am
Argh. You again... I'm not talking to you... (Ooops, I guess I just did...) http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mad.gif

onlyagibsonisgoodenuff
Jun-15-2004, 6:54am
He's mostly English Springer Spaniel. When I got him at the adoption center, I thought there was something familiar about him. Check out the cover on Grisman's "Dawg 90" album.

Greg H.
Jun-15-2004, 7:31am
Our cat managed to fit himself in the case, just not that Lemur tail (I've never seen another cat with a tail like that).

fmspinc
Jun-16-2004, 6:00pm
Great tail .. couldn't you crop out that banjo ??

Greg H.
Jun-16-2004, 7:22pm
Sorry, there's only so much you can do with a picture taken with a palm pilot (in any case I was never very good with diagonal cropping). We're still hoping he'll grow into the tail (he was only 6 months old at the time of the picture). He's big enough now that he's given up on mice and started hunting rabbits (caught 2 thus far--I need to try and limit this as it's distressing the kids).

Lee
Jun-17-2004, 10:45am
Greg, several times I recal my cat (RIP 6-weeks ago) would find a rabbit hutch. He'd devour one or two and leave a few tell-tail remains on the back patio. The last one he'd gently bring into the house and drop by my feet, still very much alive. Then we'd both run around the house trying to catch it. If he caught it first he'd never dispatch of it, but drop it again and let if run off. I really think he was trying to teach me how to catch rabbits.

Greg H.
Jun-17-2004, 11:00am
Uh oh, I see a real crisis brewing. If he starts doing that he's going to quickly be limited to indoors only. I, of course, would never catch the rabbit. The German Shepherd and Golden Retreiver, however, would have a field day. The chaotic mess left by the pursuing dogs, the little surprises found behind the TV or under the couch. Ugh!

Stillpicking
Jun-19-2004, 4:04pm
This is a pic of "Tobey" he is a Siberian forest cat and 4 months old. He should get to be 25 lbs when he is full grown, so we are all making "good friends" with him before he gets any bigger. Right now he likes my mandolin playing I just hope he still likes it when he is full–grown!

Greenmando
Jun-21-2004, 9:22pm
Not quite a cat, but my girls love to play in the cases.

http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/Jun/20046212875244709600715.jpg

http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/Jun/20046213223443913534910.jpg

http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/Jun/20046218402933851286176.jpg

dead links, I will repost.

JGWoods
Jul-06-2004, 12:14pm
Miss Sophie the bengal at rest...

danb
Aug-07-2004, 2:56am
I don't have a picture, but y'all might like this story.. I just got back from Nashville where I was recording a couple or three tracks on Jack Schultz's Loar. The night before we were in the studio we were over at Tim O'Brien's place to practice some, and we had a number of instruments out as you can imagine. Tim had an adolescent (or maybe about 10 week old) kitten in the house who was busy splaying himself out all over couches and what not. We never actually saw him in the Calton, but the next day in the studio I noticed the Loar had lots of little white hairs all over it. I'm kicking myself now that I didn't get some kind of picture http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

phiddlepicker
Aug-07-2004, 2:24pm
Here's one of our mandocats. The Mando doesn't go to that case, just happens to be where i left it. My cam doesn't show how really ugly this cat truly is. My Maine Coon Otis died and a friend of mine begged me to take in this stray when she was a wee kitten.

phiddlepicker
Aug-07-2004, 2:31pm
btw....the cat's name is Jezebel:)

violmando
Aug-08-2004, 9:23am
Don't have a pic, but my cats love BOTH my mando and fiddle cases--will lie on top if not open! I partially solved it by giving my Diva cat(aka Chloe) an old guitar gig bag to cuddle up on, but I am resolved to having HAIRY instruments!

Billy Mack
Aug-09-2004, 7:02am

OdnamNool
Aug-09-2004, 8:11am
Pleather (?) !!!

onlyagibsonisgoodenuff
Aug-09-2004, 6:24pm
You lucky dog, Billy Mack! Halle Berry in your mandolin case!

french guy
Aug-11-2004, 1:42am
************* CURLY CAT **************

french guy
Aug-11-2004, 1:44am
***********QUILTED CAT***********

french guy
Aug-11-2004, 1:44am
*************BLACK FACE**************

french guy
Aug-11-2004, 1:46am
CAT TUNED

bjc
Aug-11-2004, 11:12am
And I thought my "little" (12LBS--a subtantial pet) Neko was being original...of course she barely fits in the case anymore, but it doesn't stop her from trying...

4-Row Picker
Oct-11-2004, 10:50am
My son Cory's cat.
Thanks for the help, Scott. Love The site!!!

This is Katie...(if it works)

flairbzzt
Oct-13-2004, 4:09pm
Ok, enough cats...

flairbzzt
Oct-13-2004, 4:43pm
Number two

AlanN
Oct-17-2004, 6:44pm
Finally snagged her...

rmcintos
Nov-18-2004, 11:44am
Mitch.

Doug Edwards
Dec-16-2004, 6:57pm
Maybe I should get one of those double cases for Stubbs and Mercy.

evanreilly
Dec-16-2004, 7:12pm
Bill (in case) & Berthy (leaving the stage)...

Tom C
Jan-27-2005, 1:25pm
While most of you carry your cats around in your mando cases, I found this nifty little carrier. no hate emails please. I am a huge animal lover and probably get along better with them than my friends! It just been a bit slow here lately.
http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

http://media1.funnyjunk.com/pics/catcarrier.jpg

Lee
Jan-27-2005, 1:36pm
Moderator!!

danb
Jan-27-2005, 2:15pm
Lee: thanks for letting me know.

HAHAHAH!

fmspinc
Jan-27-2005, 6:09pm
I am having a hard time not sending hate mail - funny, I guess (?) lets keep this site to mando (and cat) content only.

mandoJeremy
Jan-27-2005, 9:55pm
Okay, let me give my latest cat story. I haven't been on the Cafe in over a week because I leave the side cover off of my computer (I build them and I am constantly overclocking things and upgrading various parts) when my kitty decides he would back up to it and spray it (yes, pee-pee!). So, it fried my $200 video card, one of my 512mb memory chips, and my motherboard!!!!! Stupid cat...but I still love him and he hasn't sprayed the mando cases yet! Isn't it funny that the first time I am able to log on to the CAFE again the first thing I see in the "Post A Picture" section was the cat in the case! How about posting a pic of your cat spraying anything in your house?

mandoJeremy
Jan-27-2005, 9:55pm
Oops, and I KNOW all of you missed me right? Who else can critique the scrolls?

diamond ace
Jan-27-2005, 10:17pm
welcome back dude! you missed some great stuff. LOL

onlyagibsonisgoodenuff
Jan-28-2005, 7:39am
Our fiddle player had a cat get in his case at band practice one night, and because he had some papers in there, I guess she thought it was a litter box. I've found one solution to the cat in the case problem, and that is, when I take the mandolin out, I close the top of the case.

Lee
Jan-28-2005, 8:18am
MandoJeremy, was it a male, spayed? If yes, and no; yuck!

mandopete
Jan-28-2005, 6:22pm
Sheesh, cats & computers.....

We've taken to calling this one "The Consultant" as she likes to spend a lot of time on the computer.

mandoJeremy
Jan-29-2005, 9:03am
Lee, yes he is a male and no he isn't neutered! And YES, YUCK!

mandoman15
Feb-06-2005, 12:25am
here's a picture of a cat sleeping *cough *cough in my case....

BlueMt.
Feb-07-2005, 2:15pm
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid157/pe07f2e119d89a73bf21ad55ba53be5c1/f534b143.jpg

Cats? We don't need no stinkin' cats! #http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Blueglass
Feb-10-2005, 5:57pm
what a great thread. thanks for the pictures. my cat won't go near my case because the first time she tried, it slamed shut on her tail. she's ok, but the case is no place she want to lie.

Feb-10-2005, 6:33pm
I wouldn't want cat or dog or any animals hair near or in my case. I don't want to stand up for a gig with cat hair all over my mando. It is original though. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif

Gail Hester
Feb-10-2005, 7:57pm
Meet my Wheaten Terrier "Bonnie", she does not shed.

BlueMt.
Feb-10-2005, 8:32pm
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid157/pe07f2e119d89a73bf21ad55ba53be5c1/f534b143.jpg

Rascal(above) thinks Bonnie is hot. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

All_Smiles_Tonight
Feb-11-2005, 12:30am
While most of you carry your cats around in your mando cases, I found this nifty little carrier.

http://media1.funnyjunk.com/pics/catcarrier.jpg

You know almost all mass murderers started out being cruel to animals. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif

Gail Hester
Feb-11-2005, 1:40am
QUOTE: Rascal(above) thinks Bonnie is hot.

I’m sure Rascal and Bonnie would get along fine. She is high maintenance though, pictured here more recently with her Master Model. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

mandoman4807
Feb-11-2005, 7:21am
A dog with a Master Model, now I have seen it all! Yikes

http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Darrell

Tom C
Feb-11-2005, 9:21am
Great shot!

phiddlepicker
Feb-13-2005, 5:41pm
Arrgghhh...too cute....blood sugar out of control...gaaaaaack...need insulin....!!! http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Northern Mando
Feb-18-2005, 8:29pm
It was all fun and games till the buggers whizzed on the fuzz. Now I have to hide the case from the dogs.

fmspinc
Feb-18-2005, 9:37pm
OK, I'll take one...

Keith Miller
Feb-19-2005, 2:52am
will have to keep the kitten pic away from the kids, just lost our 16 year old and they want a replacement shame they have to grow up http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

saznpins
Mar-18-2005, 3:08pm
I remembered reading this thread a while back and had to revive it because I had forgotten about this picture and it flashed across the screen today on the "my pictures" screensaver http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

They like it when I play (crazy dogs!)

Scotti Adams
Mar-24-2005, 11:02am
..heres Emmylou and a Rose..Emmylou is my daughters cat...

fmspinc
Mar-24-2005, 7:35pm
I love those calico cats .. maybe I'll have my mandolin painted that way ?

Scotti Adams
Mar-24-2005, 7:55pm
I love those calico cats .. #maybe I'll have my mandolin painted that way ?
..well let me tell you..Emmy doesnt act as cute as she looks...she has recently found out what a Super Soaker can do to cat fur... http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif

fmspinc
Mar-25-2005, 10:07am
Who said cats were supposed to be nice, and it is their house you know.

RJ Rummie
Mar-28-2005, 12:26am
haha, this is an awesome thread

El Rey del Mando
Mar-28-2005, 9:07am
I just wanted to see if I can post a picture now.

El Rey del Mando
Mar-28-2005, 9:16am
Wow! I can post pictures after all this time.Thanks very much to Grandmainger for the great information on what program to install and the step by step instructions.Anyone having trouble sizing/posting pictures should read his post. Thanks again,

John

jefflester
Mar-28-2005, 9:39pm
Wow, El Rey, that's quite a tail! Very long and nice flame, er... stripes!

Darryl Wolfe
Apr-04-2005, 8:53am
What can I say (sniffin' the f-hole?)

Darryl Wolfe
Apr-04-2005, 8:57am
I guess they know a good thing when they see it

Flowerpot
Apr-04-2005, 2:04pm
You're a braver man than me Darryl; is one kitten actually putting a paw on Lloyd? I guess they are still pretty young there, hard to do too much damage. Too cute!

Darryl Wolfe
Apr-04-2005, 2:43pm
3 weeks old ..OK....more..no flippin way http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

fmspinc
Apr-04-2005, 6:33pm
When do they get their spots ?

Keith Miller
Apr-07-2005, 1:21am
watch those claws, I had a cat that used one of my mandos as a scratching post http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mad.gif puts a new complexion on the term distressed !
Keith

frets1
May-01-2005, 10:00pm
It's amazing! Female cats exhibit the same behavioral characteristics as human females. They both love to nap and they both try to fit themselves into things that are five sizes too small and then ask; "Does this make my butt look big?" # # http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif

barricwiley
May-02-2005, 7:08am
Wow, I thought I knew how to stir things up at home, whew!
Loved the pic too.
RDW

Lee
May-03-2005, 1:42pm
No case here, but we have mandolin and cat content.

wayfaringstranger
May-04-2005, 6:33am
My girlfriend's cat, Oberon. If he can climb into something, he probably will.

craigw
Jun-28-2005, 12:16am
Whitley a 15 lb. Maine Coon

HarmonyRexy
Jul-10-2005, 2:25pm
Here's Toby, the chihuahua and CareFree Cat with 'The Saint'.
My son is allergic to cat dander so CareFree is as close to the feline as we can get! They both have on their mandolin collars.
Sleeping in the case just wasn't an option for the pets... at least I could get them in the picture. Our hamster, Banjo, wasn't as cooperative... (figures)

Tom C
Jul-10-2005, 6:45pm
What mandolin is that? A style with F style headstock. Bound holes and block inlay. ....Verrrrry Interesting.

HarmonyRexy
Jul-10-2005, 11:08pm
Bernard Allen built the mandolin. He, also, makes violins.
I wish that I could have captured the beauty of the instrument with the camera... the finish is done in shades of black and the inlays are really nice.
He's definitely gotten some admiring stares!

And best of all, he sounds EVEN better than he looks!!!

Thanks for asking about my 'interesting' mandolin, Tom! He's a Goody!

fmspinc
Jul-11-2005, 9:15am
... Caught one waking up ...

Kevin K
Jul-11-2005, 9:43am
fmspinc,

What kind of case is that?

plunktone
Jul-11-2005, 12:27pm
Piwi had to settle for the case because Kalimba (next to last pic on page 4 of this thread) had taken over her favorite spot on the couch. She wasn't too happy about it.
-jamie

fmspinc
Jul-11-2005, 2:54pm
Case is a Pegasus; mandolin (in background) is my Stinnett (with James tailpiece installed).

danb
Aug-04-2005, 4:09pm
Betsy in the old F4 case

Dan Adams
Aug-04-2005, 8:30pm
Izzi, I said the mandolin case! When are you going to learn? Dan

Ira Chavis
Mar-27-2006, 10:28pm
The late Sphinx and Farroe at their best in an oversized mandolin case http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/ichavis/rock_and_roll_kitties_640.jpg

Two cats are better than one

Ira

danmills
Mar-31-2006, 2:03pm
Ruby often leaves the room when I play mandolin. Apparently she likes guitar better.
http://grassfault.com/Mills%20Family%20Pictures/Ruby%20Napping_files/P1010071.jpg

otterly2k
Mar-31-2006, 2:42pm
Ms. Moxie
she is the smallest mammal in the household, and queen of all she surveys...

otterly2k
Mar-31-2006, 2:43pm
Her brother Milo is a big guy, tho'... so he had to park in the OM case...

otterly2k
Mar-31-2006, 2:44pm
however, he is usually more comfortable like this...

Ken
Apr-01-2006, 7:55pm
Mikey, he thinks that he's the king of the house, but Sugar the 18 year old female tabby doesn't buy that.

Larry S Sherman
Jul-26-2007, 6:34pm
This is Pi...who enjoys the lightweight, sturdy protection, and snug custom fit of a Travelite case.

AlanN
Jul-26-2007, 7:59pm
Yes, my cat digs the travelite too (I don't dig the cat hair, though...)

What is that thing underneath the neck?

Larry S Sherman
Jul-27-2007, 3:14pm
What is that thing underneath the neck?
It's a Humistat. (http://www.humistat.com/prod01frame.htm)

http://www.humistat.com/No1%20schematic.jpg

Larry

AlanN
Jul-29-2007, 8:49pm
Thanks, Larry

Gibson A5
Jul-30-2007, 2:35pm
My cat ran away, but my puppy Joey likes to sleep in my case.
Bill P.

Keith Newell
Jul-30-2007, 8:12pm
Here's a picture of mine...yep sound asleep:)
Keith

Walter Newton
Aug-08-2007, 9:48pm
Mojo in my case

Cheryl Watson
Sep-03-2007, 7:20pm
Here's my kitty, Chloe, on her first B-day doing one of the things she loves to do best...

JEStanek
Sep-03-2007, 7:51pm
Walter, that cat's a monster!

Jamie

Pete Braccio
Nov-23-2007, 9:51pm
So, tonight I took my Breedlove out of it's case, played a bit, and then glanced down. I immediately thought of his thread.

Pete

tedincolorado
Nov-24-2007, 5:26pm
Sadie the Varmint

Greenmando
Nov-24-2007, 6:36pm
Not quite a cat, but my girls love to play in the cases.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b109/ferretkona/Mandolins/DSC00730.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b109/ferretkona/Ferrets/DSC00434.jpg

Scott Tichenor
Nov-30-2008, 10:37am
Yesterday I had a gig at Sunflower Outdoor and Bike, one of my favorite holiday gig venues. They have a cat there who is sort of famous. His name is Stanley, and people come into the store just to see him. I rarely interact with him but this time around he was in my mandolin case not a minute after it was opened and spent the entire gig sleeping in it. I bet there a dozen pictures of him taken by different people that saw him, although no one photo'd us! He even has his own tent, a mini that is apparently made just for cats and dogs. Picture of Stanely follows with the text from his store staff page.

From the Sunflower Outdoor and Bike staff page:

Stanley

At Sunflower Since: Summer 2002
Job Description: Being Stanley
Favorite piece of gear: Whatever I can hide in at closing time so they can’t find me to put me in the office until tomorrow.
Newest Outdoor Purchase: Whatever we have to remove from the sales floor because I’ve laid on it for too long and gotten it dirty and hairy
Most Recent Adventure: Sneaking out the back door and taking a walk down the back alley to the dumpsters behind La Parilla on a nice spring day.
When not working at Sunflower: I am vacationing at the Animal Clinic of Kaw Valley, helping keep many dogs in line (I get to be Stanley there too).
Currently Reading: I am far too busy being Stanley to read.

Taken with my cell phone:

Scott Tichenor
Nov-30-2008, 10:44am
Alternate Stanley shot from my cell phone camera.

violmando
Nov-30-2008, 12:24pm
Now Scott, you know the rule: anything laying down for any length of time BELONGS to the cat. It's THAT simple. I put a pair of socks on my bed the other day---out of the entire double bed, my cat Chloe HAD to lay on those socks to claim them as HERS. I know it couldn't have been comfy as I roll my clean socks into balls, but it's the RULE! Yvonne

DougC
Nov-30-2008, 8:03pm
O.K. I think every cat owner should have the cat in the box as an avatar like I did. Cats seem to know what you value most. So yes, they will pick the most expensive case. They are excellent critics too. I know I'm doing will when my cat will listen. Now, I like dogs too. So maybe there should be equal time for puppies in the case?

mando1man
Dec-01-2008, 1:39pm
I don't have a picture of my cat in a case, because I don't leave my case open (anymore) and he's not allowed near any of my cases :-)

But I do have a good cat/case story involving Charlie Derrington on my website. It's the last anecdote on the page, scroll to the bottom:

"Swap Calton Cases, with Charlie Derrington"

http://www.robhainesstudio.com/anecdotes.htm

Barb Friedland
Dec-01-2008, 1:55pm
OK here's mine... Happens to be a guitar case but definitely a cat!

Chris Willingham
Dec-02-2008, 8:43pm
"the rooner" enjoys sitting in our banjo player's case during band practice. He is also a big fan of string changing time and fiddle bows.

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n196/angietxtech/DSC00170.jpg

John Malayter
Dec-02-2008, 9:34pm
Here's one......~o)

Ivan Kelsall
Dec-05-2008, 1:54am
These photos.are brilliant. I love cats (& dogs). 2 & a bit months ago me & my missus got a 5 month old Tabby & white cat from the local cat's home.he'd been found straying in a schoolyard & since no one claimed him, he was up for grabs. We'd gone to look at really young kittens,but Russell as he's now called,reached out with his paw from his cage to touch us as we looked at him - that was it - he came home with us. He's now 7 months old,oficially still a kitten until 12 months old,& he's a most beautifully affectionate animal & twice the size he was.
I haven't got a recent pic.but i took this shortly after we got him & it's sort of typical still.We put the old towel in his basket,because it has his scent on it as it was in the carrying box we brought him home in,
Saska ~:>

Robert Moreau
Dec-05-2008, 5:23am
Roger doesn't get into the case very often but loves to sit ON the case when it's time to pack up!

Well, I should take that as him appreciating the playing!:)

Rob

Robert Moreau
Dec-05-2008, 5:25am
Oh, the pic

John Ritchhart
Dec-06-2008, 9:03am
My cat peed in my banjo case many years ago. Apparently she wanted me to take up the mandolin. I called the manufacturer to find out what I could do to get the smell out. I talked to a very friendly rep who told me to sprinkle lots of baking soda throughout the case, then put some talcum powder on top of the baking soda (very important) then close the case tightly, and put it in my car. Then drive to the city dump and heave it as far down the hill as it would go. Then buy a new case. :))

crazymandolinist
Dec-06-2008, 12:45pm
I'll bet if I put a pic of my fluffy cat in my mando case on my Myspace I could get a girlfriend right quick! :mandosmiley:

D C Blood
Dec-09-2008, 10:46am
One time a cat did something besides sleep in my mando case...:crying:

Ivan Kelsall
Dec-11-2008, 3:31am
Right ! - Now we want the pics.of the cats actually PLAYING the Mandolins (i'll go last),
Saska :grin:

jefflester
Apr-23-2009, 1:03pm
http://www.mandolincafe.com/classifieds/upload/34103.jpg

mandopete
Apr-23-2009, 1:51pm
Have sales increased?

Jim Yates
Apr-24-2009, 10:23am
Sorry, no picture, but I used to play in a bluegrass group that practiced at our guitar player's house. Bob had a number of cats and one of them slept in my mandolin caseduring each of our rehearsals. One night, half way through a song, I noticed the cat coughing and wretching. She quickly ran across the room and puked in the banjo players case, then returned to take a nap in my mandolin case. Making a statement?

Landgrass
Apr-24-2009, 1:32pm
This is my parent's cat Cleopatra discovering my case for the first time. My cat Pendleton sleeps everywhere BUT my case.

mandomansuetude
Apr-25-2009, 2:31pm
performance ignored....

Pete Braccio
May-11-2009, 11:16pm
Same cat (see page or two back), different case.

SternART
May-11-2009, 11:30pm
One time a cat did something besides sleep in my mando case...:crying:

That is a different thread!

Ronbo
Jun-30-2009, 10:25pm
Misti finds the Calton case a comfortable and relaxing place to listen to the mando.

Ronbo
Jun-30-2009, 10:29pm
Ops, didn't mean to do this.

Matt Bowe
Jan-11-2010, 11:08pm
Hank fits in nicely under the case.

bigbike
Jan-18-2010, 3:28am
my cat max - just waking up.
His request - "o solo meow."
i told him i only play bluegrass.
So he asked for "little birdie".

Chris

cute!

bigbike
Jan-18-2010, 3:31am
"the rooner" enjoys sitting in our banjo player's case during band practice. He is also a big fan of string changing time and fiddle bows.

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n196/angietxtech/DSC00170.jpg

Don't know about bows, but besides cats getting in various instrument cases I have they love it when I change strings on any of my various instruments! The old dead strings mysteriously end up all over the house even though mommy put them in the trash can!

words
Jan-18-2010, 9:02am
This could never happen but:
Imagine closing your case not looking.............get to the gig and the cats in there when you get ready to go up......

"and on cat tonight...................."

http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif

You could just kind of thwop his side on the backbeat and use him as a rhythm instrument. "... rawr ... rawr ... rawr"

ccravens
Jan-18-2010, 4:53pm
OK - here's one from Texas.

sachmo63
Jan-18-2010, 7:14pm
My cat, Stinky in one of my past mandolin cases.......

Backlineman
Jan-18-2010, 10:44pm
not a mando case, but it is a case, and it is my cat.

Matt Bowe
Jan-19-2010, 3:18pm
Cat-o-caster.

Backlineman
Jan-24-2010, 8:49pm
big cat little case

Backlineman
Jan-24-2010, 8:51pm
better fit

Mark Gibbs
Jan-24-2010, 10:33pm
How do these cats get in the house in the first place? Security :confused:
Just kidding;)

Schlegel
Jan-24-2010, 11:26pm
Mine can only enter the house if you invite him...

mculliton123
Jan-26-2010, 12:18pm
Ah-choooo!!! enough with the cats, already!:crying:
grrrrrr..Step away from the mandolin.

D C Blood
Jan-26-2010, 2:17pm
This comes from one of our Silverangel owners, posted on the SA Myspace...

Scott Austin
Jan-26-2010, 2:28pm
Raised by cats in the wild.

Phil Vinyard
Jan-26-2010, 7:21pm
The best part of the new Gibson...

gummia
Jan-28-2010, 12:54pm
Here is mine... Every time the case is open she jumps in. Hihi.

TMitchell
Feb-11-2010, 11:01am
Merlin loves practice time (but he doesn't seem to be getting any better).

MANNDOLINS
Oct-20-2010, 7:42pm
Little Maggie don't need no case...she likes the real thang.....I guess it's time to get a top on this mando.:disbelief:

Fiddlehound
Oct-23-2010, 7:18pm
Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against cat's. Catgut strings are the best on a fiddle. It's all fun and games until a case gets ######## in on even on an instrument. You will never get the smell out.

GRW3
Nov-19-2010, 5:37pm
Here's one of my cats. This is Sissy, an orange tabby. She has a twin brother Buddy. She's a real lap kitty. It's pretty common for her to be in my lap while I am playing.

Mandolin Mick
Nov-20-2010, 5:54pm
We have 5 cats and they inevitably go in the case if I leave it open ... and I've taken hundreds of pix of my mandolins ... but it's never occured to me to post a picture of one of the cats in the case! :))

JonZ
Nov-20-2010, 6:32pm
The bloodhound don't fit.

Don Christy
Dec-18-2011, 9:58pm
79915 are pit bulls allowed 'round here?