PDA

View Full Version : Luthiers and Mandolin instructors in Delaware County, PA (Philly)

Nate the Deaf Piper
Oct-27-2010, 10:20pm
Hey guys.

I posted this in the Newbies Social Group, but thought I'd cross-post it here to get some more bandwith.

I'm having some trouble with getting a mandolin. I have what I want picked out, but the person I am dealing with to order the mandolin (who also would be a potential instructor) just hasn't followed through with getting back to me about getting a mandolin over the past couple of weeks. I understand that this person has been busy with music shows lately, but I haven't heard anything and apparently others at this person's store are not allowed to order the mandolin.

I'm going to give it until the end of the week. After that, do you have any suggestions for instructors and luthiers in the Delaware County, PA/Philadelphia area? I would probably order a mandolin from one of the sponsors here and get it set up by a local luthier and begin instruction somewhere around here. I am particularly interested in mandolin instructors in Delaware County, PA (near Philly).

Thanks.

Nate the Deaf Piper
Nov-01-2010, 10:03pm
I worked out the differences and now am the proud owner of a The Loar 400VS. Lessons start Friday.