PDA

View Full Version : My Latest Sully's Strap

David M.
Oct-25-2010, 9:49pm
Got my new strap from Sully today. Nice work! He worked with me and did some custom things like created a washer from the inside since I don't use an endpin anymore. Also, he stitched the scroll loop instead of his normal adjusment lace for the scroll. Fits well, pad doesn't slide off shoulder at all.

This guy's creativity, craftsmanship, and customer service are great. I'd highly recommend him (no financial interest, just new accessory syndrome).

taterbugman
Oct-26-2010, 7:55am
Good luck fitting it into your case. (and nice granite countertop, pops) :grin:

Brent Hutto
Oct-26-2010, 8:10am
This is my custom Sully strap on my previous (Redline Traveler) mandolin...I ought to get a snapshot of it on my current LM-400 some time soon.

And FWIW the LM-400 does fit in its hard case with the strap attached.

EdHanrahan
Oct-27-2010, 2:48pm
Sully just made one for my '68 Martin 12-string. GREAT guy to work with, especially since I hadn't played guitar standing up since doing in my shoulder 3 years ago. That made the sizing to the headstock a bit hokey, but he was really helpful.

Brent Hutto
Oct-27-2010, 3:09pm
Well now, speaking of guitar straps I just happened to get an E-mail from Mr. Sullivan a few minutes ago saying this one was on its way to me...

http://www.sullysstraps.com/uploads/images/guitar%20471.jpg

Ron McMillan
Oct-27-2010, 3:12pm
Fine looking strap, David.

rm

David M.
Oct-27-2010, 4:47pm
Well now, speaking of guitar straps I just happened to get an E-mail from Mr. Sullivan a few minutes ago saying this one was on its way to me...

LUCKY... These vintage straps he has are amazing, aren't they? Couldn't do that right now, so got a new one. Mine'll look vintage one of these days, right?

Brent Hutto
Oct-27-2010, 8:01pm
It will probably take it a while to look vintage but his "New" straps will definitely soften up and get more comfy over the first year or so of use. I started out with a "New" guitar strap and by the time I passed it on to its next owner (when I got a "Vintage" one) it was getting Just Right.