PDA

View Full Version : Michael Kelly Custom Mandolin

soraci
Oct-24-2010, 6:07pm
Hello,

I purchased an MK Custom mandolin a while back and was looking to sell it. Trouble is, I can't seem to find any information about the mandolin to figure out what a fair price is. I know it was manufactured in 2001 or 2002 and there were only 100-125 made in each of the 4 colors. It is (I am almost certain) the Legacy Dragonfly but could be the Legacy Custom 2 or the "Butterfly" which can be found on the MK site at:http://www.michaelkellyguitars.com/mandolins/history/.

I am trying to determine what the value of the mandolin is. Any help that you can provide would be great. It is in great condition and plays great. I have attached a few pictures for reference.

soraci
Oct-24-2010, 6:11pm
After reviewing the pictures a bit more, I believe I can safely say this is the Legacy Custom 2 also known as the Butterfly. It was made in 2001 and there are only 100 in each color, 400 total.

MikeEdgerton
Oct-24-2010, 6:18pm
The best way to determine the value is to go to eBay and go through the completed auctions looking for one of these that sold. That establishes what the market value is. Make sure that the auctions you look at have the price in green. The green denotes the fact that the item was sold.

If you are unsure of the value do this. Put it on eBay with a reserve that is higher than your original price. Then watch the auction. If it makes it high enough to trigger your reserve you're in good shape. If not it will stop at the highest price anyone is willing to pay for it. If that number is agreeable for you simply relist it at a number slightly lower than that amount and it should sell.