PDA

View Full Version : newbie

doug662
Oct-22-2010, 9:57pm
today i layed my hands on a mandolin for the first time:whistling: and bought it. I play guitar and have had some physical setbacks lost the use of my left hand. So i picked up a resonator and a lap dobro to keep on keeping on. Then i picked up an ibanez mandolin and it fits my hand perfect so, here we go. I would appreciate any and all help with guidance and advice. I bought some nickel creek and am blown away. What instructionals should i purchase? Also any help on the other two also especially on the lap. .........mandolin first though~:>

doug662
Oct-22-2010, 9:58pm
oh i have regained most of the use of my left hand, but lack strength

Gelsenbury
Oct-23-2010, 7:06am
Welcome to the world of mandolins! There are already a couple of threads on instructional materials on this forum, so you can find yourself some good tips by searching for them. There is also a "Newbies" social group to join, if you like. We swap tips and beginner-friendly tunes there.

doug662
Oct-23-2010, 11:07am
great and thank you........where do you join the "newbies
" group"?

Jill McAuley
Oct-23-2010, 4:18pm
At the top of your screen you should see a bunch of headings _ "Classifieds", "Forum", and "Social Groups" - click on the Social groups one, find the "Newbies" group - there should be a wee button that says "Join" - just click on it and you're a member of that social group. Also, you might get more responses if you post this in the "General Mandolin Discussions" area of the forum.

Welcome to the Cafe and welcome to the world of mandolins!

Cheers,
Jill

Sandy Beckler
Oct-23-2010, 5:13pm
Welcome to the club....it's a journey you'll enjoy.

Sandy