PDA

View Full Version : The Complete Idiot's Guide To Bluegrass Mandolin Favorites

NewsFetcher
Oct-21-2010, 12:38pm
The Mandolin Cafe has posted news:
The Complete Idiot's Guide To Bluegrass Mandolin Favorites
http://www.mandolincafe.com/news/publish/mandolins_001279.shtml

Alfred Music Publishing is proud to expand the popular, best-selling Complete Idiot's Guide series by introducing The Complete Idiot's Guide to Bluegrass Mandolin Favorites, a simple way to master your favorite bluegrass songs on mandolin.

---------------------------

NOTE: You may use your board membership to comment on news articles published by the Mandolin Cafe. Your comments will appear here and also will be appended to the end of the news article for public viewing. Standard board membership posting guidelines apply. The addition of images, videos, links and BB coding is turned OFF for this area so as not to compete with or interfere with the news item.

MikeEdgerton
Oct-21-2010, 1:20pm
Well, at least they didn't put a bowlback mandolin on the cover.

mando.player
Oct-21-2010, 5:17pm
It always kills me...the instruments that are displayed on instructional books. I'd love to hear the discussion that leads to the final choice.

man dough nollij
Oct-21-2010, 5:24pm
It's perfect. No self-respecting Complete Idiot would play bluegrass on anything but a blonde Eastman F4.

fredfrank
Oct-21-2010, 6:56pm
Man, I'm tempted to order this one. Maybe I'll wait, though my idiot-ness isn't quite complete.

Dennis Ladd
Oct-21-2010, 7:58pm
Has anybody seen a table of contents? Or as we b'grassers say, "le tableaux des contents?"

Mike Bunting
Oct-21-2010, 8:24pm
Dennis Caplinger is quite a well respected musician and producer. He gigs quite a bit with John Moore.

Aran
Oct-22-2010, 3:41am
Has anybody seen a table of contents? Or as we b'grassers say, "le tableaux des contents?"

I love it!!!! ROTFLOL

Frank Silver
Oct-22-2010, 5:09pm
I haven't finished my juggling or *banjo* books yet, this'll have to wait.

doc holiday
Oct-23-2010, 8:01am
What Aran said.....The complete Idiot would like to know which favorites are in the book???
Tombstone Junction or Ave Maria bluegrass style

John Soper
Oct-23-2010, 9:06am
What's Bluegrass? Inquiring idiots want to know...

David Lewis
Oct-24-2010, 5:12am
What's Bluegrass? Inquiring idiots want to know...

It's a naturally occurring plant found in the southern regions of North America - but that's not important right now...

Mandolin Mick
Oct-24-2010, 5:19am
I've been looking for a table of contents ... still can't find one ...

Mike Bromley
Oct-24-2010, 6:06am
What Aran said.....The complete Idiot would like to know which favorites are in the book???
Tombstone Junction or Ave Maria bluegrass style

There's that pesky Tombstone Junction popping up agin'

Wayne Stuvick
Oct-24-2010, 6:12am
According to Music Minus One the tunes in this book are: Whiskey Before Breakfast, John Henry, Amazing Grace, Wildwood Flower, John Hardy, Lonesome Road Blues, Dixie, Blackberry Blossom, Black Mountain Rag, Boil the Cabbage Down, Cumberland Gap, Cripple Creek, Old Joe Clark, Sally Goodin, Salt Creek, and Soldiers Joy.

Mandolin Mick
Oct-24-2010, 6:55am
Thanx Wayne! But, no Rawhide?

doc holiday
Oct-24-2010, 10:04am
Rawhide.....must be more than the "Complete Idiot" can handle ;-)

William Grant Macdonald
Oct-24-2010, 10:21am
Well, it's titled "Idiots," so it probably was assumed that the picture didn't matter. Still better than a pair of scissors or a tire pump, eh?