PDA

View Full Version : It Aint Me Babe

Scotti Adams
Oct-13-2010, 6:34am
Heres an old recording I dont with the Allen-Lilly Band..perhaps the early 80's

Special thanks to my bro AlanN on this

Dave Cowles
Oct-13-2010, 6:43am
Love it. Thanks for posting that, Scotti.

AlanN
Oct-13-2010, 7:06am
So Scotti, what were you, 10 when you did this? :))

Great playing.

Scotti Adams
Oct-13-2010, 7:08am
So Scotti, what were you, 10 when you did this? :))

Great playing.

Yep..10+9

MikeEdgerton
Oct-13-2010, 8:41am
My kind of song. Great!

Scotti Adams
Oct-13-2010, 11:01am
Thanks Mike

MikeEdgerton
Oct-13-2010, 12:05pm
It's alright Scotti, consider the song stolen. :)

Scotti Adams
Oct-13-2010, 1:00pm
Thats okay. The name of the Lp was called "Suzanne" recorded by the Allen/Lilly Band on Vetco records. Members were myself, Harley Allen, Mike Lilly, Larry Nager and Dave White on Fiddle. Can it be posted on the MP3 page?

MikeEdgerton
Oct-13-2010, 1:34pm
PM Scott and ask.

tree
Oct-13-2010, 1:49pm
I like the title cut, Suzanne. It's on the Smithsonian Folkways Classic Bluegrass disc, and has been in the shuffle on my iPod since day one. LOVE the banjo on that cut, and the lyrics.

Dang, it's cool to connect Scotti Adams from the mandolin cafe with a song I've been listening to for years. Which part do you sing on it?

AlanN
Oct-13-2010, 1:55pm
The mandolin part :))

Scotti Adams
Oct-13-2010, 2:16pm
I like the title cut, Suzanne. It's on the Smithsonian Folkways Classic Bluegrass disc, and has been in the shuffle on my iPod since day one. LOVE the banjo on that cut, and the lyrics.

Dang, it's cool to connect Scotti Adams from the mandolin cafe with a song I've been listening to for years. Which part do you sing on it?

Thanks...depends on the song. On "Suzanne" I sang baritone....sang that for the most part thru out the album. Mike Lilly is one of the best banjo players this planet has ever had. Too bad he never really took the talent anywhere...He did play with Sparks and the Country Gents for whiile. Besides Eddie Adcock hes also the has best baritone voice as well.

Bernie Daniel
Oct-14-2010, 5:44am
Thats okay. The name of the Lp was called "Suzanne" recorded by the Allen/Lilly Band on Vetco records. Members were myself, Harley Allen, Mike Lilly, Larry Nager and Dave White on Fiddle. Can it be posted on the MP3 page?

Gret version of a great song Scotti -- I like to original too! :)

Was Larry still living in Columbus in those days? I knew him when he was at OSU (early-70's) -- just learning mandolin and about Bill Monroe! He got pretty good pretty fast! I've seen him from time to time with some Cincinnati groups over the years.

Scotti Adams
Oct-14-2010, 6:33am
Gret version of a great song Scotti -- I like to original too! :)

Was Larry still living in Columbus in those days? I knew him when he was at OSU (early-70's) -- just learning mandolin and about Bill Monroe! He got pretty good pretty fast! I've seen him from time to time with some Cincinnati groups over the years.

Larry was living in Cincy at the time..went to work for the Enquirere...now hes an Nashvillian

journeybear
Oct-14-2010, 9:08am
Good stuff! Could have used maybe just a bit more mandolin, though. :grin: Seriously, that is a heck of a break you take there. :mandosmiley:

Scotti Adams
Oct-14-2010, 10:42am
Good stuff! Could have used maybe just a bit more mandolin, though. :grin: Seriously, that is a heck of a break you take there. :mandosmiley:

Thanks JB...sadly the fingers arent as nimble these days.