PDA

View Full Version : Wire mandolin art?

Tom C
Sep-27-2010, 10:00am
I'm looking for a wire mandolin abstract type art (F style) for living room wall. Are there any metal workers out here? i'm looking for something about 4' wide, with some depth to it. Not just flat. Maybe distressed looking...etc. I was thinking about contacting the folks who make the tone-guard depending on replys here. Thanks

Tim2723
Sep-27-2010, 10:15am
I think you're talking about commissioning a work of art, plain and simple. I'd be surprised if Warwick didn't have a community of local artists willing to take it on. Check out that little shop on Railroad Ave up the street from the Blarney Station. I can't think of the name, but the proprietor has art from locals I believe. Oh, and we'll be at the Station on October 15. Stop in for a pint!

Tom C
Sep-27-2010, 10:20am
Good idea. I've only been there a coupe of months. Absolutely, I will stop by.

taterbugman
Sep-27-2010, 10:20am
Ooo sounds cool. You just gave me a new project idea!

Tim2723
Sep-27-2010, 10:31am
Good idea. I've only been there a coupe of months. Absolutely, I will stop by.

Great! You'll be the second person I've ever met from a website. Be sure to introduce yourself. I'll be the guy with the plastic mandolin and the talking totem pole.

Oh, and if that shop owner can't help, take a run down 94 to the Winery. Those folks know all the local artist types.

Tom C
Oct-18-2010, 9:58am
Sorry Tim, I missed it Doh!!!!
..Also bumping this

Tim2723
Oct-18-2010, 10:14am
Yeah, I'm sorry you couldn't make it. You didn't miss much though; really light crowd, not much fun (a wallpaper night). Would have given us lots of time to talk mandolins though. ;)

We're back there on November 18. Hope to see you then!

Did you get to talk to anyone in town about your sculpture?