PDA

View Full Version : String recordings wanted

TommyZ
Sep-15-2010, 4:39pm
Hello

I am developing a Windows application that contains a chord chart. This chart has a playback feature so you can hear the chord.

However, I am not a very strong recording ingeneer, I don't have a very good microphone and I don't have a very good mandolin. So if there is anyone out there who has the gear for doing some Wave recordings of their mandolin strings I would be very glad to hear from you.

you can see my application at:

http://www.maalflasken.dk/mandolintools/

or at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tDBAwqB_Wc

Thanks

Chip Booth
Sep-15-2010, 4:48pm
I am busy for the next few days but if no one has helped out by then I will be glad to give you some clean recordings with a nice instrument. I can provide them on an F and/or oval hole mandolin.

TommyZ
Sep-15-2010, 4:50pm
That sounds great... thanks Chip. It's in no hurry, I can wait a couple of days ;) F hole would be my choice for this particular situation.

Chip Booth
Sep-15-2010, 4:54pm
We can go to PM for details, but do you want all notes in first position or just open strings? Or perhaps a scattering of notes that you will use to manipulate pitch of a step or two before switching to a new sample so you don't need every single note?

22K or 44.1 stereo or mono, etc?

TommyZ
Sep-15-2010, 5:13pm
Chip,

I would like the four open strings, then fretted at the third, sixth and ninth, a total of 16 clips. The rest I do by pitch shifting. (Let me know if this is too many)

Besides from that, mono and 44.1 would be perfect.

By the way, what is PM?

Chip Booth
Sep-16-2010, 9:27am
Private Message, or email.

I will try to get those to you tomorrow, but Sunday at the latest.

What is the best way to send them to you? Do you want .wav or a compressed file such as .mp3?

TommyZ
Sep-16-2010, 3:19pm
Chip,

I need them in .wav, however I'm not sure if they will fit in my hotmail inbox. I think it has a maximum file size of 10MB. How big do you think the zip file will be? My email is webmaster@maalflasken.dk

Chip Booth
Sep-17-2010, 10:39am
I can upload them to my web site and you can download them without file size restrictions, so that's no problem.

TommyZ
Sep-17-2010, 1:30pm
Sounds great, thanks Chip. Just let me know when they are ready.. Thanks a lot.

Thomas

fscotte
Sep-17-2010, 3:12pm
Wow, that sounds like an app that's really gonna be nice with all the features. Any plans to make this work with iPhone and Droid phones?

TommyZ
Sep-17-2010, 5:03pm
Actually yes...

My plan is to port this to both Android and iPhone but currently I'm working on rewriting the chord charts part of the app to also support guitar, banjo, dobro and ukulele. When that is done,next step is for Apple town :) but that might be a little while.

Chip Booth
Sep-19-2010, 4:13pm
The recording is finished and edited. The zipped file is only 2.5M so I can easily email it to you. Contact me at: chuckmoose at hotmail dot com or send me a message through the Cafe by clicking on my user name and choosing "Private Message".