PDA

View Full Version : Will Patton, Ninine Garcia

Will Patton
Sep-11-2010, 12:47pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHtaTZT4Bg8

Here's a quick video of a session at Basement Productions in Paris where my good friend Ninine Garcia is teaching me his new tune "Caporal Swing" - Nick Buxton, our engineer, is helping with the nuances of the arrangement. Ninine is one soulful cat!
~Will

SternART
Sep-11-2010, 2:45pm
COOL!!! .......when were you in France?
Thanks Will......

Will Patton
Sep-12-2010, 9:47am
Hey Art-
This was done last October - got way busy with gigs this summer but am finally dusting off a few years tracks for a new CD. Might be in Paree in November - wanna go?

Don Julin
Sep-12-2010, 9:56am
Hey Will, sounding great as ever! If Art doesn't want to go I will.

John Goodin
Sep-12-2010, 10:00am
Will,

That's a really sweet tone you're getting out of that old Gibson through that Marshall stack!:)

Seriously, thanks for sharing. That's a great video for a Sunday morning.

John G.

JEStanek
Sep-12-2010, 10:00am
Paris in November is great. It's Beaujolais Nouveau season, and jazz is always in season. Thats a nice track. Thanks for posting it.

Jamie

SternART
Sep-12-2010, 10:12am
Wanting to go........ and being able to pull it off ....... are two different things for me.........its all yours Don.

DougC
Sep-12-2010, 10:17am
I enjoyed the friendly personal interaction as well as the music. This video really made my day. Thanks.

Don Julin
Sep-12-2010, 10:21am
I hear ya Bro! Remember Art, I am in Michigan. When all the people left they took what little money they had with them. Michigan is so bad that mando playing is seen as a good paying job. Ha Ha!

Doug Hoople
Sep-13-2010, 12:36am
Mais non, Will, pas moi! VOUS avez la chance!

Great stuff, Will! Your Paris thing is something that a lot of us only dream about!

Will Patton
Sep-13-2010, 6:32am
ahh, but to be young, poor, and beautiful in Paris is a fine literary and musical tradition. . . and one out of three ain't bad.
Meet you at Les Deux Magots, Don -

bsmando
Sep-14-2010, 7:30pm
Hey Will, Thanks for posting the link. Great playing! You know how much fun I had last week with Ninine! Such an honor!

SternART
Sep-15-2010, 8:57am
Here is a photo Becky sent me from her recent trip to Paris, playing with Ninine Garcia.

Tele295
Sep-17-2010, 1:39pm
Ninine is amazing. I hope to get to see him at La Chop des Puces next year