View Full Version : new video by Dudu Maia

DSDarr
Sep-08-2010, 11:42am
Here's a new video by Dudu.

-David

l6vSoALGmrM

Tom Wright
Sep-08-2010, 12:06pm
Tuned down a whole step, that short scale is clearly no problem (if that's his regular 10-string). Thanks.

Al Bergstein
Sep-09-2010, 1:34am
Wonder if they are micing him with a boom. It doesn't seem like it's dubbed. Or maybe a remote on Dudu, since the hand drum is a bit distant. I need to contact him anyway soon, so I'll ask. It certainly picked up the bandolim very well.

Doug Hoople
Sep-09-2010, 9:17pm
Wonder if they are micing him with a boom. It doesn't seem like it's dubbed. Or maybe a remote on Dudu, since the hand drum is a bit distant. I need to contact him anyway soon, so I'll ask. It certainly picked up the bandolim very well.

I'd be surprised if it's live. If it is, they're running the signal through a sound module that Dudu himself modeled previously, or something silly along those lines. The sound's too perfect to be an outdoor recording, though. More likely it's synced.

Anyone remember the 2009 US Presidential Inauguration with Yo-Yo Ma et al? For most of us, didn't matter that it was dubbed. Ma himself did the earlier recording and it sounded bloody good.

This video sounds great, too, and it's Dudu, who's sounding unmistakably like himself.

Let us know what you find out, Al. We'll await the real answer with interest!

Tom Wright
Sep-09-2010, 10:42pm
As long as we're guessing, I would think outdoors is not necessarily a problem. No bad-sounding room, just bone dry. Ambience after the fact is easy now, and super-directional video mikes are very good these days.