PDA

View Full Version : My "perfectus" mandolin, me and our clones

magic-marmelade
Sep-08-2010, 10:10am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZkDc2kQGqw

I found that mandolin in an antique shop in berlin some years ago. it had never been played, i estimate it to be from just after WW2...

We like to travel together

Bill Snyder
Sep-08-2010, 2:04pm
I don't see anything.

Dick Wade
Sep-08-2010, 2:28pm
clever video

Randi Gormley
Sep-09-2010, 8:51am
that's really neat. nice job.

Paul Kotapish
Sep-09-2010, 2:45pm
Nice videography!

bratsche
Sep-09-2010, 10:50pm
1:49 is the coolest part (visually).

bratsche

Bertram Henze
Sep-10-2010, 4:13am
Good job. I guess constant lighting was crucial...
But the clones might have interacted more, like swapping their instruments :grin:

magic-marmelade
Sep-10-2010, 4:28am
yes i know, some more could have happened... was just an exercice of trying to duplicate... i will try and use this some day in a better way, thank you for nice feed back!
I had to wait for a nice grey sunday where i could have the same light on all shots, and no one to tell me i was on private property!!!
And then a lot of cutting in After Effect!

And then practising a lot more on my mando can also be of some help!!!

Bertram Henze
Sep-10-2010, 4:53am
There's a blade of grass in the foreground at 1:40 and 1:47 respectively, moved by the wind and suddenly snapping back into position - gotcha! :))

But otherwise very good. I guess the next step will be an army of you marching across the plains of Middleearth, killing orcs with mandolin sound.

bluesmandolinman
Sep-10-2010, 6:57am
nice ! what software did you use to edit the video ?

billhay4
Sep-10-2010, 12:46pm
Nice!
Bill
Bill
and
Bill

magic-marmelade
Sep-10-2010, 4:13pm
@bertram: fair enough ! i know there are many mistakes... but let's call it compromise between quality and time... to make something really clean is really crazy.... i have seen a guy editing this way one week on a window exploding.... so for just a little mando-mood video for myself.... no way, i prefer take one day on the editing, the rest playing and socializing!

@bluesmandolinman: after effect for cut the footages, make the masks - using a grafic tablet, otherwize, doing it with a mouse you double your chances to end up in mental institution!!! -
and usually vega from sony on final editing
and then premiere for compressing to internet
i mean, around...

Miked
Sep-10-2010, 4:40pm
I like that a lot! Very surreal.

I especially like the parting shot; kind of leaves you hanging...:grin:

DMosher
Sep-10-2010, 7:15pm
You ended it with a little swing... Very cool. You have many talents.

MandoNicity
Sep-10-2010, 8:14pm
Very creative, I enjoyed it!

JR

Bertram Henze
Sep-11-2010, 1:25am
I think this thread teaches us to not believe anything we see on TV. :popcorn:

magic-marmelade
Sep-11-2010, 4:29am
@bertram: this is right, working with videos since a decade, i can tell you. Everything can be done.
just an exemple, when doing a footage a grey day when the final movie shall be a clear blue day is really not a problem technically, but it has a cost. A few days extra of post-editing... deleting someone from a frame is even less complicated...
Any way, as i don't have the patience for transforming pictures too much, you can believe i am really having a mandolin, and that i try to play on it!!!
Take care!