PDA

View Full Version : Sobell bouzouki for sale

JohnB
Oct-09-2004, 3:04am
I have a Sobell 8-string bouzouki which I am thinking of selling. #Made for me around 1984, it has a cedar top over rosewood back and sides. #Like all Stefan's large-bodied instruments, it has a rich, full sound (though it hasn't been played much of late). #I have used it for live performances and in the studio - it has a big but still delicate sound. #The instrument is in v good condition (but it's flight case needs some repair to the handle). #At the moment, it's left-handed but the floating bridge can be turned around, so only the nut would need to be adapted or replaced. #I thought I would see how much interest there is via Mandolin Cafe.

Mandobar
Oct-09-2004, 5:45am
it might be better if you list it in the classifieds and let cafe readers know how much $$$ you are looking for. you might also try the cittern list on yahoo groups.

Amandalyn
Oct-09-2004, 6:46am
JOhn,
I'd like to know more about the bouzouki. What is the scale length? IS it truly a zouk size or octave mando? How much are you asking? Do you have Pics? You can post here or email me.
Thanks,
Teri

otterly2k
Oct-11-2004, 2:37pm
yeah, John... say more!
KE

PhilGE
Oct-11-2004, 8:44pm
Please take it to the Classifieds - that's what they're for. #http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

-Phil

danb
Oct-12-2004, 4:36am
John's a new user, it'll be on the classifieds soon but we'll leave this thread here for now as these come up quite seldomly!

steve V. johnson
Oct-14-2004, 5:17pm
I'd love to see it on the classifieds... I wrote to John, but got no reply...

Thanks, all,

stv

JohnB
Oct-18-2004, 10:48am
Re the Sobel bouzouki for sale. Thanks for the replies, and sorry for taking a while to get back to everyone. I'm away from home and office computers quite a bit. If I put the bouzouki in the classifieds, do I need to fix a price?

JohnB

Bob DeVellis
Oct-18-2004, 1:54pm
I think you can do whatever you like. Most people do fix a price but I don't think it's a requirement. It's common to see an "or best offer" appended to the asking price, for example.

JohnB
Nov-23-2004, 7:49am
I have now put the Sobell bouzouki in the Classifieds.

deproduktion
May-03-2010, 12:12pm
HI
Im a little interested in your Sobell bouzouki. Have you thought of a price? And where are you situated?
/d

I have a Sobell 8-string bouzouki which I am thinking of selling. #Made for me around 1984, it has a cedar top over rosewood back and sides. #Like all Stefan's large-bodied instruments, it has a rich, full sound (though it hasn't been played much of late). #I have used it for live performances and in the studio - it has a big but still delicate sound. #The instrument is in v good condition (but it's flight case needs some repair to the handle). #At the moment, it's left-handed but the floating bridge can be turned around, so only the nut would need to be adapted or replaced. #I thought I would see how much interest there is via Mandolin Cafe.

Steve L
May-03-2010, 3:27pm
You might want to check the date of the seller's last post. If it hasn't sold in 6 years there's got to be a huge problem.

Eddie Sheehy
May-03-2010, 3:38pm
Dang... it woke ME up....

EdSherry
May-03-2010, 7:01pm
So THAT explains why it's not listed in the Classifieds!