PDA

View Full Version : Two Mandos, No Waiting!

Brent Hutto
Sep-03-2010, 7:44am
Here's the Redline Traveler that was mine until yesterday and the LM-400 that has been mine since yesterday. Just wanted to get a quick snapshot of them together before shipping the Traveler off to its new home.

Do you see the "blems" on the LM-400? Of course not, they're practically invisible. Gotta love saving a few bucks for almost nothing...

The little Dudenbostel armrest fits fine on the LM-400 as does my custome Sully strap, although I still need to let it out an inch or so since the new instrument is a bit larger than the old one. The gorgeous Bailey strap was custom made for the red-and-black Traveler so I just had it let it go with the mandolin to the new owner because it worked out so perfectly. I'm thinking maybe a solid brown Bailey once my credit card cools off a bit.

JeffD
Sep-03-2010, 9:20am
Two mandolins pass in the night.

We are all at the intersection of the end of the past and the beginning of the future.

Its Friday, a few short hours from a bourbon and soda.

D C Blood
Sep-03-2010, 10:08am
:disbelief:WOW Jeff!!! That's mighty deep, there...

JeffD
Sep-03-2010, 10:10am
Catch me this evening after my bourbon and soda. I will be downright philosophical.

lenf12
Sep-03-2010, 12:17pm
Its Friday, a few short hours from a bourbon and soda.

Soda? And ruin a perfectly good bourbon? ;)

Len B.
Clearwater, FL

Chip Booth
Sep-03-2010, 2:57pm
Brent, that mandolin didn't take long to move. You'll be trading around custom made F5s in no time.

JeffD
Sep-09-2010, 9:04pm
Soda? And ruin a perfectly good bourbon? ;)

Not soda soda, not like a soft drink or something. No, no no.

I bruise it with a splash of club soda, just enough to remove the thorns.

My long time favorite is Old Grand Dad, and my latest favorite is Knob Creek. And to make this relevant, bourbon is like mandolins in this sense, you can drink one without cheating on the others. You can fall in love with a new one and be immediately forgiven and welcomed back by the old familiar.