PDA

View Full Version : Adad tuning

Perry
Oct-08-2004, 1:18pm
I've been enjoying this tuning on my OM.
It works great for bluesy slide stuff.

Anybody have any cool chords licks etc.. in this tuning they would like to share? Any ADAD chrod charts out there?

Here's a voicing that I really like

dane
Oct-08-2004, 3:08pm
A run in Am that I like is:

MirekPatek
Oct-11-2004, 1:17am
Perry,

look at my page http://www.geocities.com/patekstylebanjo
It is devoted to fingerpicked four string instrument tuned DGdg, which is ADad transposed by fourth.

If nothing else, you should see the Swing backup page where are listed three note voicings of four note chords. OK, the chords seem not much sorted there, so I am adding basic principle: put the root to one string of the bottom pair (when strummed by flatpick, the other string is muted either by left thumb or by the finger pressing the root on deepest string), and the third and seventh notes are on the top pair of strings in whatever order it fits. Fifth note of the chord is omitted.

And here are two examples in ADad tuning:

Turnaround in D
5x44 Dmaj7
x967 B7
7x55 Em7
x745 A7

Turnaround in G
x524 Gmaj7
7x56 E7
x735 Am7
5x34 D7

Regards
Mirek Patek
Prague, Czech Republic

MirekPatek
Oct-11-2004, 1:28am
Chords for ADad tuning are here:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~hspeek/bouzouki/adad/index.html

Perry
Oct-11-2004, 7:59pm
Mirek

Thanks...after my intital post i stumbled into your site (and Hans'). Very cool stuff. Right now my OM is out at the shop getting a pickup istalled but as soon as I get it back I'm going to try your ideas out.

Again thanks,

Perry

vkioulaphides
Oct-18-2004, 9:45am
ADAD is the traditional tuning of the lavta, or "lute of Constantinople"; in its case, the lowest string is single, i.e. the instrument has 7 strings in total. This tuning yields a wonderful sound! It is, of course, better suited to folk music, with many tonic/dominant drones, than to music that modulates extensively.

Enjoy!

MirekPatekdotcom
Mar-07-2011, 3:29am
Mirek

Thanks...after my intital post i stumbled into your site (and Hans'). Very cool stuff. Right now my OM is out at the shop getting a pickup istalled but as soon as I get it back I'm going to try your ideas out.

Again thanks,

PerryGeocities do not work anymore, my page is now at www.mirekpatek.com

Mirek