PDA

View Full Version : Audacity with linux

CapnScarlett
Oct-08-2004, 10:08am
I haven't been around much due to an insane class load this semester, but I'm trying to install Audacity on my Linux partition so I don't have to switch to Windows to use it. I keep getting an error that says "cannot find libmad.so.0" or something. I installed Mad and managed to find two files: libmad.so.2 and libmad.so. I use RedHat 9. Does anybody else use Linux and have the same problem?

Kate

CapnScarlett
Oct-19-2004, 9:59am
To be more specific, these are my commands and their outputs:

[root@localhost packages]# rpm -ivh wxGTK-2.4.2-1.i386.rpm
Preparing... ########################################### [100%]
package wxGTK-2.4.2-1 is already installed
[root@localhost packages]# rpm -ivh audacity-1.2.2-1.rh90.ccrma.i386.rpm
warning: audacity-1.2.2-1.rh90.ccrma.i386.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 68d9802a
error: Failed dependencies:
libid3tag.so.0 is needed by audacity-1.2.2-1.rh90.ccrma
libmad.so.0 is needed by audacity-1.2.2-1.rh90.ccrma

Nobody else has used Linux and had this problem?

rmcintos
Oct-21-2004, 7:52am
It looks like you are missing two libraries on your system, one called id3tag and one called mad. Do a yahoo/google search for libid3tag.so.0 and libmad.so.0 and you should find RPMS for both of those libraries.

rob

danb
Oct-21-2004, 8:26am
id3tag is a thingie that reads mp3 metadata..

CapnScarlett
Oct-22-2004, 8:40pm
The strange thing is I was sure I had installed those libraries already. Back to sourceforge I guess...

Thanks for the help; normally I'd have used Google first but I already had all sorts of sites to get the library from. Installing it was the issue, but I've finally gotten one to work. Now if I could only get Audacity to recognize my microphone we'll be up and running!

Kate