PDA

View Full Version : Pickers and/or Jams in South Eastern Michigan??

lefty mandoman
Aug-22-2010, 9:32am
I'm looking for pickers that are interested in getting together once every couple of weeks for a small-group jam. I play mandolin, guitar, and sing. Musically I'm interested in bluegrass, newgrass, jazz, swing, etc. I might be interested in a band situation as well. Mostly looking for pickers like myself that just want a regular picking session. I live in Livingston County near Brighton. :mandosmiley:

AnneFlies
May-24-2011, 8:58am
Hi Lefty - I'm in Saline, just south of Ann Arbor. There's a couple of mando players around here, but we don't get together regularly. I just started playing, but the others are much more proficient & might enjoy the occasional jam session. Are you still near Brighton?

Anne.

lefty mandoman
May-25-2011, 7:55am
Yes i am, and looking for good players to pick with. I know other pickers that are interested as well, we just need to find a place to pick... preferably a outdoor tavern-ish place. Any ideas??

AnneFlies
Jun-02-2011, 8:57am
There are a few restaurants/taverns downtown Ann Arbor with outdoor tables, but I haven't checked them out. I'll ask around, and see what's available. Anything in or around Brighton?

tree
Jun-02-2011, 2:09pm
If you guys get anything together I'd be interested to know. My in-laws live in Ann Arbor and I visit briefly in the summer and again at Thanksgiving or Christmas. I've looked for a group to pick with in the Ann Arbor area but without success. I usually get out my yah-yahs with a half day visit to Elderlys . . .

AnneFlies
Jun-02-2011, 10:02pm
Tree, will do!

AnneFlies
Jun-10-2011, 9:56pm
Two threads on MI get-togethers. Go to Michigan Mandocentrics in Social Groups for a suggestion.

Anne.