PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Case Company Offers New Flight Case Line

NewsFetcher
Aug-04-2010, 11:04am
The Mandolin Cafe has posted news:
Colorado Case Company Offers New Flight Case Line
http://www.mandolincafe.com/news/publish/mandolins_001244.shtml

Colorado Case Company has announced the addition of their own line of fiberglass flight cases for mandolin, guitar, banjo and a mandolin/fiddle combo case.

---------------------------

NOTE: You may use your board membership to comment on news articles published by the Mandolin Cafe. Your comments will appear here and also will be appended to the end of the news article for public viewing. Standard board membership posting guidelines apply. The addition of images, videos, links and BB coding is turned OFF for this area so as not to compete with or interfere with the news item.

Stephen Cagle
Aug-04-2010, 11:38am
Gary Price cases are nice and so are caltons. I'm still waiting on the Gaurdian (teardrop shape) case for half the price. I use the Gaurdian (shaped) case (in white) that looks a lot like the peg case and it is extremely durable. I still can't wait till the new one comes out in the teardrop shape. Stephen

(ps) I will say hopefully the new teardrop gaurdian will have a little more storage.

MikeEdgerton
Aug-04-2010, 12:02pm
I don't think the Guardian cases are really flight cases.

jim_n_virginia
Aug-04-2010, 4:11pm
$650 bucks for a case??? They can keep it! I'll wait until it gets outsourced to India and I can by one for $69.99 LOL!

Ron McMillan
Aug-05-2010, 3:41am
$650 bucks for a case??? They can keep it! I'll wait until it gets outsourced to India and I can by one for $69.99 LOL!

That is a lot of money for a case, though for people who have to fly a lot with instruments worth thousands of dollars that tightened security regulations stop from being taken into the cabin, it will be worth paying. Even more so if insurance companies get involved, and demand that, in return for coverage, the instrument must travel in an 'approved' hard case. It would be unlike insurance companies to miss out on adding another potential get-out clause to their policies.....

br

Peter LaMorte
Aug-05-2010, 2:28pm

Jim, Just think you can keep your $40 picks in them LOL

f5loar
Aug-10-2010, 9:24pm
Comparing the quality of a Price case to a Calton case is like comparing a Cadillac to a Chevy. Big difference so there should be a bit more in the price. It's the ultimate protection for the F5.