PDA

View Full Version : 2 Fletcher Brock GOMs

Chip Booth
Jul-18-2010, 4:28pm
I visited Fletch's shop yesterday and had the chance to play two finished guitar shaped octave mandolins. What a treat. I could really find a use for one of these things! Both have engleman tops, but one was made with a soft top, one with a stiffer top and the difference was quite noticeable. The stiffer top, once finished, had a little less bottom and had a little more of a high mid voice. The softer top had more low end and just seemed fuller and warmer all over. I loved them both, and couldn't pick a favourite. Interestingly, the sonic characteristics of these were reversed before finishing.

Sorry for the bad pics, I just had my camera phone, but the workmanship is fantastic. I have loved every one of Fletcher's OMs that I have played and can't recommend them enough to anyone who is looking for one.

http://www.chuckmoose.com/images/stuff/GOM front.jpg

http://www.chuckmoose.com/images/stuff/GOM back.jpg

http://www.chuckmoose.com/images/stuff/GOM Headstock.jpg

sgarrity
Jul-18-2010, 5:29pm
Be still my heart. I can't tell you how bad I want one of those!!!

MandoNicity
Jul-18-2010, 6:49pm
Wow! Those are sexy!

JR

Mandobar
Jul-18-2010, 7:28pm
argh! now look what you started.

Jill McAuley
Jul-18-2010, 7:30pm
Stunning!

Cheers,
Jill

JEStanek
Jul-18-2010, 7:50pm
Fletcher is a beast building artist.

Jamie

F-2 Dave
Jul-19-2010, 8:19am
Wow. Those are really nice. It must be an absolute joy to create something so beautiful.

oldwave maker
Jul-19-2010, 9:01am
Delicious, and safe to eat with that food grade shellac finish...... Broad leaf and red backs? Good job, Fletcher!

Skip Kelley
Jul-19-2010, 10:02am
Fletcher is a true master!

red7flag
Jul-20-2010, 7:16pm
Those are just outstanding looking and I am sure sounding instruments.

pjlama
Jul-20-2010, 10:53pm
Do you know if either of these are available?

Chip Booth
Jul-21-2010, 11:41am
Unfortunately they are both spoken for, and one has been picked up already for sure. If something changes and the second one doesn't get picked up I will let you know that I bought it! :grin:

B. T. Walker
Jul-21-2010, 3:26pm
Very nice.

Chip Booth
Aug-02-2010, 10:27am
A few new pics of the GOM that is still at Fletch's shop:

Linds
Sep-17-2010, 12:07am
Hey, Chip! It's Lindsay from Targhee. I just sent Fletcher an email to ask about his waiting list, etc. on one of these. Is his shop in Sun Valley now? Did he say how long his waiting list was when you talked to him?

Chip Booth
Sep-20-2010, 11:35am
Hey there! It's great to hear that you are in line for an OM. You won't regret it, I am certain! Fletcher is in Sun Valley, ID these days, and has been working overtime getting together a batch of instruments for IBMA. (Look for a new torch and wire picture thread coming soon.) I don't know what his waiting list is like, but he has been working so hard recently that I bet it isn't too long.

Had a great time at Targhee Camp, and can't wait to get emails for everyone from Ben so we can all catch up.